If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #15736  by Boots

From another thread:
Boots wrote:
Ken_in_Bear wrote:... No one says anything, because they don't know of that pesky little federal law! I had a conversation with the [Kirkwood] USPS Clerk and she didn't even know of the restriction.
Thanks, Ken :x ... I've been OCing in that store and at that PO with no problems in the past (but, I'm standing inside the store, of course) .... I'll try to let you know if I get arrested the next time I go there. :shock: :(
Well, now she knows, and now there is a 'No Firearms' sign on her PO door. :(

Recently I was CC in OceanMart Deli because I wanted to know what the fallout would be before I OCd there again.

As I recall, the sign said something like "No firearms on Post Office property", but where is their 'property'? If they're just renting a corner of the little store, is just the space they're renting 'their property'? If so, does 'their property' extend into the deli at all, or is it just within the actual walls of the PO section?

Personally, I think it was better before the sign was put up; now it just raises a ton of questions. Personally, I think I should be able to stand inside the little store, at the PO window, and still be legal, but I wouldn't want to argue that point in front of a federal judge who might have a different opinion. :(
 #15750  by Boots

sean3686 wrote:you tread on ice about the thickness of a human hair when you carry at a post office or even close to one.
If by "carry at a post office" you mean on Post Office property, then that is against federal law.

And, by saying "or even close to one", what do you mean? At what distance would you be breaking the law?

In the specific case mentioned at the Kirkwood PO, do you know the answers to the questions posed? Are you not allowed to even shop at the deli because you want to exercise you 2A rights?

My point is that to avoid breaking the law, no matter how asinine the law is, you have to know where the boundaries are. Otherwise, it's "just leave your gun at home and you won't have these problems". :roll: And, plenty of 'gun haters' would think that was a 'good start' for their agenda.

Before the sign was posted, I felt comfortable standing inside the deli and conducting business with the Kirkwood PO, but now, with the sign, I feel I need to know exactly what it means and whether I would be 'on PO property' by merely entering the store to shop at the deli.

Anyway, IMHO, getting the sign posted, at this location where there wasn't one before, is a big step backward for our right-to-carry cause, and I was very dismayed to see it happen.