If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #19332  by Mr.Skellington

Jason wrote: Its an all white out line sign on the right doors, yes the inner and outer right door left botom corner kinda cant miss it there is some other crap on the doors also. I'm sure it's new.
Its not new at all. That sign has been there for at least a year. I went there last year with my family and had a great meal with good service however while at the table I told my wife that although I enjoyed the restaurant it would be the last time I set foot in that place.

I will not patron a place that does not support my right to carry.
 #19340  by radnor

124JHP wrote:Explain? Can they sue you if they find you r carrying concealed?
If you car properly concealing, they will NOT know.... ;)
 #19341  by radnor

George wrote:I'm glad signs in DE carry no weight. It is left for the customer to respect the wishes of the owner to risk their life while visiting
List the code please???
Code: Select all
§ 821. Criminal trespass in the third degree; a violation.
A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the third degree when the person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully upon real property.
Criminal trespass in the third degree is a violation.
11 Del. C. 1953, § 821; 58 Del. Laws, c. 497, § 1; 67 Del. Laws, c. 130, § 8; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.;

§ 822. Criminal trespass in the second degree; unclassified misdemeanor.
A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the second degree when the person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building or upon real property which is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner manifestly designed to exclude intruders.
Criminal trespass in the second degree is an unclassified misdemeanor.
11 Del. C. 1953, § 822; 58 Del. Laws, c. 497, § 1; 67 Del. Laws, c. 130, § 8; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.; 
Can it be seen as the sign notifying you and you "person knowingly enters" 821 above????
 #19342  by radnor

§ 829. Definitions relating to criminal trespass and burglary.

(d) A person "enters or remains unlawfully" in or upon premises when the person is not licensed or privileged to do so. A person who, regardless of intent, enters or remains upon premises which appear at the time to be open to the public does so with license and privilege unless the person defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated by the owner of the premises or another authorized person. A license or privilege to enter or remain in a building which is only partly open to the public is not a license or privilege to enter or remain in that part of the building which is not open to the public.

So, who put that sign up? I didn't. Don't think you did. So either corp., a manager, employee (under direction of the manager), someone contracted by corp or the manager.

I'm not too sure I'd like to "TEST" it unless someone can prove otherwise.
 #19343  by Condition1

...when the person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully upon real property.
The problem is the word unlawfully. As far as I understand, I company cannot make something lawfull or not. If you are not unlawfully carrying a gun, based on this code, it shouldn't be considered tresspassing. I think!
 #19344  by radnor

I think you have 2 conditions here.

person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully upon real property.

Can you knowingly enter? Yes, there is a sign on the door NO GUNS!
 #19345  by DMac

May I suggest Ruby Tuesday's as a good alternative to TGIF? My wife and I went to the one in Rehoboth Beach Saturday night. We were greeted at the door by no less than three employees, who opened both the outer and the inner doors for us. I suppose I could have missed any "NO GUNS" signs because of that, but my S&W was on my side and they were all very cordial to us. We enjoyed a nice, reasonably priced meal and the service was excellent. Surprisingly, it was not too crowed either.
 #19346  by Condition1

DMac wrote:May I suggest Ruby Tuesday's as a good alternative to TGIF? My wife and I went to the one in Rehoboth Beach Saturday night. We were greeted at the door by no less than three employees, who opened both the outer and the inner doors for us. I suppose I could have missed any "NO GUNS" signs because of that, but my S&W was on my side and they were all very cordial to us. We enjoyed a nice, reasonably priced meal and the service was excellent. Surprisingly, it was not too crowed either.

Yes you may!!! I actually never go t TGIF, and now even less with their attitude towards guns. I do go very often to Ruby Tuesday's!
 #19347  by George

Some states have a law specifying that a sign is considered notification. In those states they usually have criteria for those signs, ie. Size, design, wording. Delaware has neither.
Even in federal buildings where carry is prohibited by law, define how and where the sign must be posted. Neither the sign nor the law is sufficient by itself.
Stop and look at people entering a public place. Notice how they enter, talking to others, on their phone, or even strolling through the door alone. How many of them can you say definitively looked at, noticed, read, and understood the signs on the door?

What if, as the owner of a swanky taco joint, I decided I was tired of scraping gum off the bottom of my tables and placed a “No GUM Chewing” sign on my doors? Would I then be able to call the police and demand that they be arrested for gum chewing (legal) or trespass because they ignored my sign? Now if having seen the person chewing gum, I approached the person and informed them that they would have to leave the premises for failure to follow house rules, and they did not leave, then I could call the police and have them trespassed
 #19349  by George

AND by all means, RUBY TUESDAYS is a great alternative, I have been many times to ones in DE and PA with never a problem open carrying.