If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #21632  by Tony T

124JHP wrote:
Boots wrote:.. since PA requires a CC permit to carry a firearm in the car...
I believe in PA you only need a CC permit, from any state, to carry inside of the car next to you (i.e. glove compartment). You can still have it unloaded in the trunk and when you stop in PA you can load and OC. When you get into your car, you have to unload it and put it back in the trunk.
Pennsylvania law: Open carry of all guns is allowed, so long as the carrier is not otherwise restricted from owning a firearm. Open carry in a vehicle requires a permit.
In order for any individual to open carry in a motor vehicle while in PA they must have either a PA LTCF, or a concealed carry permit from one of the following states.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montanna, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.

Individuals who don't have one of the above permits, while in a vehicle their firearm must be unloaded, cased, and in the trunk or other readily inaccessible area of the vehicle if there is no trunk. I would suggest a locked case if there is no trunk.

Upon exiting the vehicle in PA they may reload and open carry their firearms (except in Philly). If they re-enter a vehicle at any time they must unload and again stow their weapons in the prescribed manner untill they arrive at their next destination in PA. When arriving at their next destination in PA and upon exiting their vehicles they may rearm once again.
Delaware law: “Handguns may be carried in open view, or they may be carried in an inaccessible area like the trunk of an automobile. Rifles and shotguns must be unloaded while being carried in or on any vehicle, piece of farm machinery, motorboat while under power, or sailboat while under power.”
As we all know, in Delaware no permit is required to open carry a firearm in a motor vehicle. However, while open carrying in a motor vehicle, firearms can not be "on or about the person". The attourney general's office has stated that having the firearm placed in a highly visible location on the dashboard or front passenger seat is required for officer safety. Their is no requirement that the firearm be unloaded.

A traveler arriving in Delaware may stop at the border, reload their firearms, and open carry so long as they comply with the above stipulations.
 #21633  by Tony T

I forgot to mention where the interstate travel issue comes in.

In states like New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Conneticut, California, etc, it's illegal to carry a firearm without the proper permit.

In order to allow citizens to travel interstate highways with their firearms it's legal on a federaly level protected to travel through those communist states with firearms, but their are some restrictions imposed.

You may travel from a state where it's legal for you to possess a firearm, through a state where it is not legal for you to possess a firearm, so long as you are going to another state where your firearm possesion is legal. You may not stop anywhere along the your route through the restricted state or it becomes a destination and you are no longer covered by the federal law. As I understand it, you may stop to obtain fuel, eat, or use the rest room. I'm not sure about lodging though, but I believe it's not permitted.

In addition, each of the restricted states has their own laws. I belive NY requires a call to the state police before entering the state notifying them you are traveling with weapons. Firearms being unloaded and in a locked case in the trunk can be wise.
 #21650  by Tony T

Another thing I forgot to mention, my buddy who was driving took the scenic route for a good part of the trip. We stopped at Dixon's Muzzle loading shop, it's around 10 minutes from Cabela's.

http://dixonmuzzleloading.com/

Walking into that place is like walking into a museum. They've got around 100+ examples of rifles from early American history. (pre ww1) Many are for sale and the prices were very reasonable imo. I particularly liked the Revolutionary war examples.

They've got some beautiful firearms in there. They stock just about anything related, even supplies and parts to build your own. They hold a gun making fair yearly.

They've got various other primitive weapons such as clubs and tomohawks. They stock early clothing and gear, as well as American Indian regalia. Their shelves are stocked with materials and patterns to create early clothing as well as many books regarding the period.

We stopped on the way back, after I expended my funds for the day. They had this Uberti 1858 black powder pistol that had a beautiful finish on the gun and stocks. Maybe it will be there when I return next time.

If anyone is interested in that type of thing it's worth a side trip. Needless to say they support the 2nd and didn't glance sideways at me open carrying.
 #21659  by Boots

Tony T wrote: .... In order for any individual to open carry in a motor vehicle while in PA they must have either a PA LTCF, or a concealed carry permit from one of the following states.

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montanna, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.....
--------------------------------------------------------
Tony, don't overlook the wording of Exception #11...
§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person
who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or
fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter
commits a felony of the third degree.
(b) Exceptions. The provisions of subsection(a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid
and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the
United States or any other state.

(15) {condensed for brevity} A license from a reciprocal state.
(I added the bold type to the area of interest)