If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #24316  by KevXD45

I've carried there many times, and Myopicvisionary tested them the other day after I was told "no OC" and he had no issues - but I want to know their policy from the top. I couldn't find an email address, so I'll be sending the following via snail-mail. Assuming I can remember how to use a stamp. :lol: I'm interested to hear your thoughts before I print and mail it...

As a member of Delaware Open Carry and a private citizen, I carry a firearm on my person daily for personal protection. Many citizens in this State legally carry a gun either concealed (with a license) or open (no license required).

As a long-time customer and law-abiding citizen, I was surprised when during a recent visit to your store; I was informed by a member of your staff that you have a policy against the lawful carrying of firearms in your store “unless you’re with the Police, or something.”

I had openly carried while making purchases at Steve’s many times prior to this experience without incident.

I am writing to you in an attempt to clarify your policy on the lawful carrying of firearms in your establishment. In the meantime, I will take my business elsewhere and encourage the other members of Delaware Open Carry to do the same.

We all recognize that it is your right as a private business to uphold a policy banning the lawful carrying of firearms if you so choose.

I eagerly await your reply, and will post the results on our Gun Owner Patronage Resource page on http://www.deloc.org for all of our members to read.

Please reply via email if you’re able. My address is kreilly0@comcast.net (the 0 is a zero).

Otherwise, a reply via postal mail would work just as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue once and for all.
 #24333  by SugarBoy13

:applause: Looks good to me!
 #24334  by photog

Kev, I applaud your efforts and your loyalty to this store!! :applause:

My policy is if a store does not accept me and my sidearm, then they don't deserve my or my families business either.
 #24362  by KevXD45

SugarBoy13 wrote::applause: Looks good to me!
Thanks, Chris.
 #24363  by KevXD45

photog wrote:Kev, I applaud your efforts and your loyalty to this store!! :applause:

My policy is if a store does not accept me and my sidearm, then they don't deserve my or my families business either.
Or anyone on deloc, either! What's the total member-count here, anyway?

I'm very interested to learn whether that employee made the call on his own, or if they have an actual policy in effect.
 #24376  by photog

KevXD45 wrote: What's the total member-count here, anyway?
The member count stands at approx. 200. Keep in mind that some are one time visitors, inactive members and of course, the few resident "trolls" that like to stir the pot...