If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #26601  by Godasmypilot

First off, please read my "As I shake the dust from my sandals." post in the General Discussion section.

I was asked to leave the Wagon Wheel after peaceably spending time there with friends. I had paid my cover charge for the band and I had paid my tab, and then the 'bouncer' asked me to leave. Boots had a different experience I understand, but mine was quite different. Maybe because it was a different environment that night and again, I think the 'bouncer' asked me to leave on my own. He was new, his first night from what I could tell. Boots went there on a weekday night and I'm pretty sure the fellow who asked me to leave had never been there before.

So, in the end, the Wagon Wheel has a spotty OC history. Proceed with caution, or only go OC there on a week night. If anyone OCs there and they have a chance to talk with the owner, please mention my story and see what their position actually is. It is a nice place and I would enjoy going back again because it was fun and quite reasonable. I didn't demand to speak to the owner herself because I saw that she was busy running around doing whatever and I didn't want to appear belligerent at all. The "bouncer' definitely was in condition orange when he approached me, I have a feeling I may have flipped his switch to red by demanding to see the owner.
 #26604  by Boots

Godasmypilot wrote:... He was new, his first night from what I could tell. ....
1) Maybe he was acting at the owner's request. :sparring:

OR,

2) Maybe you just gave him the opportunity to show everyone how tough he was. :lol:
 #33473  by smokepork

This post is a little old but I'll reply anyway. Just for some insite regarding the Wagon Wheel. THe owners son killed his wife with a firearm, then committed suicide about five years ago. They also had another tragedy not too long ago where a daughter (or granddaughter) was killed in an accident in front of Slaughters on Rt. 13. This may or may not mean anything at all about open carry. Just thought people ought to know.
 #34035  by Godasmypilot

smokepork wrote:This post is a little old but I'll reply anyway. Just for some insite regarding the Wagon Wheel. THe owners son killed his wife with a firearm, then committed suicide about five years ago. They also had another tragedy not too long ago where a daughter (or granddaughter) was killed in an accident in front of Slaughters on Rt. 13. This may or may not mean anything at all about open carry. Just thought people ought to know.
Thank you sir, I appreciate you telling us. I always respect others' views on guns and OC, it is a right, not a forced requirement under our Constitution, this is what makes us free. Your input sheds light on why the owner might not be receptive to OC. I am truly sorry to hear about their losses within their family.