If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #38720  by Condition1

Just came back from an awesome day of practice with DSF Training! The class started around 9:30am-10:00am and went on a little over 3:00pm. There were three people total - myself, another student, and the instructor - David M Dvorak. Total rounds fired were a little over 350 rounds for me, and I believe the same to the other person.

This class today showed me that I knew nothing about shooting, and still don't - but, it helped me to be much better than I was this morning and to realize how much more there is to learn.

The class was very well planned and executed! Lots of scenarios, many different drills - We progressively moved from small little drills to fast paced drills...By the end of day I was able to draw from my holster and shoot multiple targets, double taps, shoot while moving, shoot bowling pins without having to actually use the sights - I would look at a freaking bowling pin, draw my gun reasonably fast and knock the thing down, and the one next to it...and re-holster....and shoot while moving and engaging multiple targets. We practiced drawing and firing at close distance into dummies, clearing a house - peaking, shooting, large rooms, hallways...

It was fun and I strongly recommend him to anyone, great experience! I will definetely take this same class again, and the advanced ccw 2 class!

:applause: :applause:

Thanks David, it was really cool!
Last edited by Condition1 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #38725  by Condition1

GatorDude wrote:Glad you enjoyed your training class, Condition1. Did you figure out that safety thing yet? :lol:
Thanks, GatorDude!

And yes, you leave it on at all times, even when pressing the trigger - throw the gun at the bad guy :banghead:

Did you forget to click it off and let the horse run away again :?:
Last edited by Condition1 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #38728  by photog

Does sound like a good class and lots to learn. Can never have enough training......

Congrats Condition1! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #38749  by Condition1

photog wrote:Does sound like a good class and lots to learn. Can never have enough training......

Congrats Condition1! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thanks, photog!
 #38752  by MyP1245

I have to agree. I was the other student. The class was very well run I thought. Learned some new things, got to practice some techniques I was familiar with "in theory", and had loads of fun in a low stress, professionally presented training session. Overall, a very good experience, and one I will definately recommend to my friends. Worth the drive, and I'll be looking to take the Advance CCDW 2 class as well. Thanks David!