If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #47449  by Dr. Eastwood

I don't go to the farmer's market much since a good friend of mine died who used to love to go there. I wouldn't go at all if I didn't have business for the graphic's guy in there.
 #47593  by Jacques

Dr. Eastwood wrote:I don't go to the farmer's market much since a good friend of mine died who used to love to go there. I wouldn't go at all if I didn't have business for the graphic's guy in there.
Hoopty Doo moved to Rt. 40 just east of Wally World at the 13/40 split!
 #47604  by bluedog46

Jacques wrote:
Dr. Eastwood wrote:I don't go to the farmer's market much since a good friend of mine died who used to love to go there. I wouldn't go at all if I didn't have business for the graphic's guy in there.
scott is one heck of a guy and a personal friend. He really was there for me when my father passed away. I think his biggest complaint is that he cant get youngs food from the market anymore unless he goes for it.
 #47717  by Dr. Eastwood

Jacques wrote:
:applause: Makes my day!
 #47724  by zencat

bluedog46 wrote:
Jacques wrote:
scott is one heck of a guy and a personal friend. He really was there for me when my father passed away. I think his biggest complaint is that he cant get youngs food from the market anymore unless he goes for it.
I cc when I'm there...maybe twice a month...mostly for the food at Young's...specially the Sunday sausage sandwiches...been too windy outside too many weekends this winter though...

zencat :toilet:
 #47731  by bluedog46

Youngs is probably the best food in town for the price. I think they sell the sausage sandwhiches all weekend now. When i was there saturday a couple people got them and i thnk they are a bit more reasonably priced than the amish place. they are good but man have they gotten expensive.
 #63709  by deputycleric

I was not aware of this thread earlier. Thanks to the person who originally opened it, and for all the followups.

It appears that the New Castle Farmer's Market is not only OC-unfriendly but CCDW-unfriendly as well. I didn't realize the latter until I noticed the tiny "no firearms on premises" sign on one of the entrance doors this past Friday.

I just sent them the following via the Email link on their Contact page.
I've been a customer of the NC Farmer's Market since the mid-90s, and typically visit a wide range of the stores and restaurants there during the course of a month.

On my most recent visit, I noticed a sign on the entrance door that firearms are prohibited on the premises.

In adopting that policy, you have now made the NC Farmer's Market a more dangerous place for people to visit, and I will now need to re-think how often my family and I really need to patronize the businesses there (with some regret, since there are many good ones.)

There is a long history in this country of "gun-free zones" being used as shooting galleries by murderous individuals, since they know that there is less chance that anyone will be able to shoot back before the police arrive. It's unfortunate that you've chosen to create such an environment at your facility.

I hope you don't expect people with carry permits to lock their guns into their car trunks, where they can be observed doing so by others there. Not exactly the safest course of action. Better to let them keep carrying, surely, and take down that sign on your door. That way, anyone who enters your premises with murderous intent will not have any special reason to believe that, if he starts something, no one will be able to fight back. Who knows, it must just be enough to change his mind about starting something... which is a big part of the reasoning behind 49 of 50 US states now issuing concealed-carry licenses.

I am the holder of a Delaware concealed-carry permit, for which I had to undergo an FBI criminal background check and provide five local references, among other requirements. I'm sorry to hear that this is not good enough for the likes of me to be allowed onto your property.

Sincerely, a longtime customer (so far)
 #73230  by sanman9781

FWIW, I was there this past Saturday and the tiny postage-stamp-sized signs on the doors that prohibit firearms still remain...