If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #38729  by P2riquen

What a great experience I had today at the New Castle Farmer's Market. I had just got there and walked in, there were 3 security guards bunched up talking amongst themselves and my firearm caught the attention of one of them.I continued walking past them and out of the corner of my eye saw one of them break off and started to follow me. I was with my girlfriend and had a bunch of DELOC fliers with me, I gave them to her and told her I was going to stop in the restroom. I went into the restroom and started to wash my hands,just waiting and what do you know, the security guard who was following me came through the door and proceeded to wash his hands next to me. He started the conversation with "So...your off duty?" I responded "No...I'm not a cop." He then asked " A Detective?" I looked at him and smiled and responded "No sir....I'm a civilian". With that I dried my hands and walked away. He followed behind and said "I noticed you have a firearm." At that Point I took the fliers from my girlfriend and handed him one. I told him "Read this, there is a lot of good information on here you should know." He thanked me and walked away. I was going to the barbershop there when the same security guard showed up with his Seargent and I take it as a female manager. The Seargent approached me and informed me "Sir, we called New Castle County Police and asked them about open carry, they said it was legal in Delaware, that being the case, management is concerned about someone walking in here with a firearm, they rather not have it on property." I asked " So...are you asking me to leave?" He said "I am asking you to put it away in your car or leave." "No problem" I said "I'll take my business elsewhere" Seriously? Concerned about someone open carrying? How many people you think may be in there carrying illegally? Oh well...just wanted to inform.
 #38730  by photog

Sounds like you handled it perfectly, thanks for the heads up. Good Job!!! :applause:

Now maybe the security guards should call I.N.S. or I.C.E. to do a sweep there and arrest all of the illegals.....awww dammit, did I say that out loud?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #38733  by GatorDude

If we couldn't see it...everything would be fine...

Also, if you're an undercover police officer and we can see the firearm...that's fine too....

WTF?!
 #38736  by Mr.Skellington

Good job handling the situation.

Now why are you carrying a bunch of Deloc fliers with you?
Do you have any small Deloc business cards?
 #38737  by Godasmypilot

Looks like you handled it very well, good job.

Too bad about the Farmer's Market, I've been wondering about them because I really like the place. Oh well...thanks for telling us.
 #38742  by P2riquen

Hello to all,
Thanks for the replies. I usually always have fliers with me because when someone approches me with questions I hand them a flier and let them know about the website and DELOC.
I usually have some in my car, but when I'm around a lot of people,I always try to carry some with me. People assume that if you O.C. you must be a cop, but they don't know or aren't aware of Delaware's Firearms Law. I like to refer them to this site so they can become :pointlaugh: (edu-ma-cated) educated on they're rights. Haven't really thought of small business cards since I am still learning about O.C. and know I still have much more to learn. ;) ;)
 #38750  by Boots

P2riquen wrote:... they said it was legal in Delaware, that being the case, management is concerned about someone walking in here with a firearm, they rather not have it on property. ....
:roll: Sheesh! Another so-called "gun-free" killing zone for Delaware.

If they really want to keep out firearms they need metal detectors at EVERY entrance. That's the only way they're going to keep out armed bad guys. To only keep out law-abiding citizens with firearms makes NO sense at all! :roll:
 #38751  by Tony T

And if you replied yes to being an officer he probably would have said, "have a nice day", and promptly walked away. :lol:
 #38754  by GatorDude

Tony T wrote:And if you replied yes to being an officer he probably would have said, "have a nice day", and promptly walked away. :lol:
Well...you wouldn't want to impersonate an officer....

Anyway, I wonder how he would have responded if you simply said sarcastically, "Now why would you think that?" Of course, that implies that he's correct without actually saying so.