If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #5139  by dave_in_delaware

I sent an email (via online form) to Regal Entertainment Group asking what their official policy is on guns. We all know what it is, but I wanted something in writing from their HQ and not a minuscule "sign" in the midst of their rules poster....

We'll see what they say.
I could not find this info on your website.... I'm a member of Delaware Open Carry and a private citizen who carries a handgun daily for personal defense, especially in this time of increased violence and homicide rate in my area.... What is Regal's Policy on guns in/on the property and theaters as they pertain to law-abiding citizens' right to keep and bear arms? I would hope that Regal wouldn't strip their customers' Constitutional rights just to watch a movie. Thank you for your time.
 #6088  by MrCoolDale

Dave, did you ever get a response from Regal? I tend to watch a lot of movies, I just haven't taken my sidearm with me. So I'd like to get an official policy... Next time I'm there, I'll have to talk to the manager and ask him.
 #6090  by dave_in_delaware

No, I have not received anything "official" from them yet. BUT, on the box office windows they definitely do have a "No Firearms" policy posted, which includes both OC and CC. The sign is so small you'd never see it unless you were looking for it (or you were bored and just wanted to read through their entire rules and regulations listing). :roll:

If you do ever try to take your sidearm inside (OC), just be warned that there is often a State Trooper (or two) inside the doors somewhere, scoping everyone out.

You'd think since they occupy the whole "building" they'd post their policy on the entrance doors, but no - they post it on the box office, waaaay inside the building. Duh.
 #6096  by MrCoolDale

I'm assuming this is the Regal in the Brandywine Town Center. That's where I frequent. I manage the GameStop in that shopping center, right next to the Trader Joes and Panera Bread. Well, I'm actually the Assistant Store Manager, but if you knew my boss, you'd know I manage it. If you're around there, drop in sometime. Feel free to OC in my store, I'm alright with it.

The GameStop managers around have a good standing with the Regal Managers, we all do cross promotion (Free tickets for Dale, thus frequent movies). That's why I say I'll have to stop in and ask some of them when I'm around. The fact that they always have a cop there at night, should actually help the case. But I'm sure I'll get a no.
 #6101  by dave_in_delaware

Yeah, it's the Regal up in north Wilmington AND down in Newark. I've seen no firearms "signs" on both box office windows. My guess is that Regal has a strict no guns policy nationwide, for all stores. Probably due to a past incident that made them so anti-gun.

I was just hoping for a written "explanation" or back-and-forth communication w/ them to find out, but I'm still waiting on a reply email. Go figure. :roll:

(and I know exactly where you're talking about - I've been to Panera and Trader Joe's before, and I was just at the Regal last week to watch Eagle Eye, which is :censored:ing AWESOME!)
 #6104  by radnor

MrCoolDale wrote:Brandywine Town Center..
I've seen the sign here. I was looking for a sign at 1st state plaza, did not see one.
 #25709  by JägerMatthias

Oopsie-doopsie. :oops:

I've already OCd in Regal Brandywine before with a friend to watch the new Star Trek movie. Cant remember any signs or cops. Anyway, not a single snag. Nothing to report....
 #25730  by myopicvisionary

I've OCed there numerous times without any problems. Once was on a Saturday night and I walked right past four DSP troopers in the common area.