If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #5711  by dave_in_delaware

I was curious about Miller's Guns on Route 13 in New castle, DE. So, I sent them an email:
Dear Miller's,

I am a citizen who exercises his right to self-protection by openly carrying a handgun (in an auto-locking holster) daily. Would I be violating any of your rules/regulations if I walked into your store with my holstered firearm?

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

David ****
Wilmington, DE
And here's their reply:
David,

We ask that no one enter with a loaded gun unless the gun is concealed and you have a permit to carry.

Thanks,
John Miller
So, while they're NOT open carry friendly, at least they don't totally disarm you no matter what, and you can carry concealed in their store. :roll:
 #5712  by myopicvisionary

I haven't done any business with Miller's in a very long time. They are over priced and arrogant. They have the "We're on Rte 13 and everybody passes by here so we DON'T need you" attitude. I have gone into X-Ring Supply countless times while OCing and not spent a dime. I have always been welcomed when I visit. So when I do buy, it's from them.
 #5713  by dave_in_delaware

I totally agree w/ you about Miller's (blah) vs X-ring (yea!). I just wanted to post this here for others, since I got their "official" stance on OC/CC from the horse's mouth.
 #5717  by dave_in_delaware

Which I always took to mean a firearm you were bringing in for sale/repair. Obviously they don't want someone to come in w/ a loaded gun and then "show" them how it doesn't fire when they pull the trigger.... :shock:

But for someone to NOT be allowed to enter w/ a loaded carry weapon properly holstered, well, I don't know. One would think that no one would ever draw their loaded carry weapon, whether concealed or not.

But apparently the "open" part bothers them, so I'll abide by their policy and NEVER go inside their store again. :roll:
 #14930  by desteve811

This might be off topic but the last time i was at Miller's I had to wait 30 mins to get any service. There were maybe 5 customers infront of me and 4 employees. Everytime an employee was finish with a costumer, he disappeared in the back for 5 minutes and when he came out , someone not in line, justs walks in, catches him and gets service before the next person in line. This as happened numerous times so i take my business to Xring and gonna check out Patriot Firearms of Delaware on wednesday. All i wanted was a box of primers. Once i got service i was out the door in a couple of minutes.
 #15389  by LordJim

You won't find primers at Patriot, they've said that they're staying out of the reloading business. Heck, I don't think you'll find primers anywhere. :)

-
Jim