If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
  by bboyer09

Hey I went into Starbucks about 2 weeks ago to give my girlfriend a ride home. While i was there I went inside to get a cup of coffee (which i get for free since she works there :pbjtime: ) I did not notice a No firearms sign. Does anyone have any idea if they are pro or anti open carry?
  by David

They're all pro until they ask you to leave. Then you take your business elsewhere. Shouldn't be very hard to find a better cup of coffee.
  by astro_wanabe

You must have missed the whole Starbucks OC thing a while back. An OC group in CA was visiting a starbucks, anti-gun people wanted Starbucks to prohibit guns, Starbucks decided they weren't going to get involved in the gun politics so as long as you aren't breaking any laws they don't care. There was even a Starbucks appreciation day where gun carriers showed up to shops around the country to thank them for defering to the law rather than instituting an anti-gun policy.
  by bboyer09

astro_wanabe wrote:You must have missed the whole Starbucks OC thing a while back. An OC group in CA was visiting a starbucks, anti-gun people wanted Starbucks to prohibit guns, Starbucks decided they weren't going to get involved in the gun politics so as long as you aren't breaking any laws they don't care. There was even a Starbucks appreciation day where gun carriers showed up to shops around the country to thank them for defering to the law rather than instituting an anti-gun policy.
Yea i deff didnt hear about this. When did this happen?
  by Mr.Skellington

bboyer09 wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote:You must have missed the whole Starbucks OC thing a while back. An OC group in CA was visiting a starbucks, anti-gun people wanted Starbucks to prohibit guns, Starbucks decided they weren't going to get involved in the gun politics so as long as you aren't breaking any laws they don't care. There was even a Starbucks appreciation day where gun carriers showed up to shops around the country to thank them for defering to the law rather than instituting an anti-gun policy.
A couple of years back. A google search will bring up tons of articles. Here's just one from the first page of hits
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/2 ... 80062.html
  by bboyer09

Mr.Skellington wrote:
bboyer09 wrote:
A couple of years back. A google search will bring up tons of articles. Here's just one from the first page of hits
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/2 ... 80062.html

Yea I just read that one and another with Starbucks stating, "
that its baristas, or "partners," could be harmed if the stores were to ban guns". Thank the gods that Starbucks did not have the mentality that if they put a NO GUNS ALLOWED sign up that would deter crime away lol :lol: :lol:
  by myopicvisionary

Starbucks said they will follow whatever the local state law is. I think it was last year when a large group of us were hanging out at the SB on Main street in Newark. No problems from anyone. Even the NPD waved as the drove by!
  by Amy Blackthorn

That was a nice afternoon, we should do that again soon.