If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #89544  by spillanej

Tonygoldston wrote:I am still not sure about the law.

Who has the right to ask you to leave private areas?

Does mall security count?
I work in private security and have been trained and licensed in this area of the law. My word counts less than that of an attorney but I execute on this law daily.
Yes security counts. They are appointed by the owners or the owner's management to protect the property of said owners and enforce their policies. On private property, the word of security is the law of that private property. And whereas that law does not apply in court, disobeying it may lead to criminal charges such as trespassing, breaking and entering, and other charges.

Simply put... security represents the people in charge of the property. If they ask you to leave, it holds just as much legal merit as the owner of the property. Anything you can do wrong to the owner, civil or criminal, can be done wrong in regards to security personnel.

Bear in mind that security may also call the police to directly interact with you on their behalf. This also counts, and now the police are acting on behalf of the owner of the property. The same as if you called them for someone refusing to leave your property.
 #91836  by wpage

At least the security agent was decent about handling the situation...

Still sucks but who needs the hastle.
 #91838  by WVisHome

wpage wrote:At least the security agent was decent about handling the situation...

Still sucks but who needs the hastle.

If you're referring to my story....it wasn't a security agent...it was a DSP officer.