If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #88799  by spillanej

Boots wrote:
spillanej wrote:I have always carried at the mall. Always. Never a problem.
Open or concealed?
Open. With an m&p... big frame. Always seen by security and police. Never an issue... ever.
 #88978  by Bullpup

Is it possible that Christiana Mall may be trying to get on the good side of future Cabela's shoppers?
 #88988  by Mr.Skellington

I haven't set foot into that mall since I was asked to leave by security while I OC'd there a year or two ago. I haven't felt as if I lost anything by not shopping there because I'm neither a tween nor an out-of-stater tourist.

That said I would consider giving the place a second look if the asinine no firearms policy was to be abolished by the time the Cabela's store is finished since I will will definitely be in the area when Cabela's opens. Outside of that Christiana Mall will not see one dime from me.
 #88995  by spillanej

Mr.Skellington wrote:I haven't set foot into that mall since I was asked to leave by security while I OC'd there a year or two ago. I haven't felt as if I lost anything by not shopping there because I'm neither a tween nor an out-of-stater tourist.

That said I would consider giving the place a second look if the asinine no firearms policy was to be abolished by the time the Cabela's store is finished since I will will definitely be in the area when Cabela's opens. Outside of that Christiana Mall will not see one dime from me.
The only reason I ever went is that my ex would drag me there a lot...

Honestly even mosy leos think im a leo when they first see me. The most common thing I hear from leos has to be "I wish my department had uniforms like that." So maybe I got lucky and the way I carry myself security assumed I was a leo. That and I always take the time for a friendly conversation with leos I see in public. .. most people avoid cops like the plague so I must look like "one of them"
 #89005  by WPCatfish

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Me? I was carrying concealed and loving my pin up holsters.

How many were you carrying?
 #89516  by WVisHome

I went to the Christiana Mall today.

I was there for probably 45 minutes before there was a DSP officer standing outside one of the stores I was in....when I walked out he was engaged in a conversation with someone so I walked past him....a few minutes later I noticed the same officer a short distance off as I left another store....after leaving a third store walking down the hall, I noticed he was standing off to the right and for some reason I just knew he was waiting for me to walk by.

As I walked by, he started walking toward me and actually walked behind my girlfriend whom I was holding hands with and approached me.

He was extremely polite and said that he needed to speak with me for a minute. His first question was that if I was LE, to which I replied "No sir". He mentioned that he knew the DE OC laws and that he was supportive of carrying, but that the mall was private property and that if mall security noticed me carrying they would ask to me leave. He never actually asked me to leave or take my sidearm to the car, but he implied that it would save me the hassle of dealing with the rentacops. The impression I got was that he thought it was stupid, but that he was saving me the embarrassment of being harassed by mall security because he was borderline apologetic about even mentioning it to me.

Now, I know I probably should have directly asked him if he was asking me to leave on behalf of mall security, but because he was so polite and never once got tense or "uppity" with me, and my girlfriend still hadn't made it to VS yet, so I obliged by returning my sidearm to the car (which I wasn't thrilled about) and went back in to get what we'd came for. As I returned I passed the same Trooper and nodded at him as I walked by with my empty holster and he just smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
 #89543  by Mr.Skellington

Tonygoldston wrote:I am still not sure about the law.

Who has the right to ask you to leave private areas?

Does mall security count?
The owner or an agent acting on the behalf of the owner can ask you to leave privately owned property. If you then choose to remain on private grounds you may be subject to trespassing charges.

Mall security counts as a agent of the owner, as does a manager, supervisor or, possibly, even a cashier. Police officers can sometimes also act on behalf of the property owner if they are asked to approach you or are moonlighting a security gig for OT.

It all comes down to property rights. If its not your property then the owner or someone acting on their behalf calls the shots.