If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #89530  by olllloJeepin

No to say you weren't. I've only ate there once (no OC), and personally I wasn't impressed, the food waste bland for my taste ( you see I'm married to a "real" Italian) so I have a taste for Italian food even tho I'm Polak, and after reading the menu I looked and my wife and joking said we could get a 6 pack of beers next door cheaper then to sit here and drink two.....for a domestic beer? But I'll make sure to keep checking the post to see if its Anti or not.
 #89609  by Amy Blackthorn

DEhammerhead wrote:Speaking of a oc halo- does anyone here get the assumption they may be LE? I am 32 and have short hair and dress nice when I open carry and my family always says I look like a cop. I carry a glock 33. Never had any issues being asked to leave or anything.
When in jeans I'm asked if I'm with Probation & Parole. When I'm in slacks I get detective. When I'm in black I get "bounty hunter" (Border Cafe, LOL) and when I'm in a mini skirt they call 911. /grin
 #89619  by olllloJeepin

I surely wouldn't call 911 on a lady in a mini skirt, much less any woman. IMO women seem to be prayed upon more by some of the craziest people that I'm not so sure science fiction would want. So I think they should have a "one up" on guys to OC/CCW, Men in my opinion should be able to diffuse the situation and/or be able to negotiate a safe resolution (weather fight or flight). Women on the other had cant really talk a crazy out of dragging them down a dark alley or some guy who just won't take a hint. So it may be a biased view of things, but I'm no rapist or woman beater so I have nothing to fear from a lady with a gun.
 #89629  by spillanej

DEhammerhead wrote:Speaking of a oc halo- does anyone here get the assumption they may be LE? I am 32 and have short hair and dress nice when I open carry and my family always says I look like a cop. I carry a glock 33. Never had any issues being asked to leave or anything.
I generally can be found either wearing a suit or wearing black Tactical Response Uniform pants with one of my many Opsgear or similarly branded t-shirts. When im in a suit I tend to wear a thigh rig to avoid accidental concealment. I usually get asked which agency I work for or "why do you guys spy on the public?"... true story lol.

In my TRUs everyone treats me like a leo.. even LEOs. I have had dozens of officers ask me which agency im with.

Its more of a 80/20 thing. I carry myself like a leo does which is the 80%.
 #89630  by spillanej

olllloJeepin wrote:I surely wouldn't call 911 on a lady in a mini skirt, much less any woman. IMO women seem to be prayed upon more by some of the craziest people that I'm not so sure science fiction would want. So I think they should have a "one up" on guys to OC/CCW, Men in my opinion should be able to diffuse the situation and/or be able to negotiate a safe resolution (weather fight or flight). Women on the other had cant really talk a crazy out of dragging them down a dark alley or some guy who just won't take a hint. So it may be a biased view of things, but I'm no rapist or woman beater so I have nothing to fear from a lady with a gun.
You just systematically offended all of my sensibilities.

Men are generally more liable targets for direct physical violence by strangers (most commonly targeted by women in unsolved murder cases) because there is a socially accepted presumption that a man will attack in an altercation, even a non-violent one. Men are way more likely to either put up or shut up against a male stranger than a female stranger.
 #89683  by Amy Blackthorn

olllloJeepin wrote:I surely wouldn't call 911 on a lady in a mini skirt, much less any woman. IMO women seem to be prayed upon more by some of the craziest people that I'm not so sure science fiction would want. So I think they should have a "one up" on guys to OC/CCW, Men in my opinion should be able to diffuse the situation and/or be able to negotiate a safe resolution (weather fight or flight). Women on the other had cant really talk a crazy out of dragging them down a dark alley or some guy who just won't take a hint. So it may be a biased view of things, but I'm no rapist or woman beater so I have nothing to fear from a lady with a gun.
Well this guy was a little weird anyway. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=71398#p71398

Anyway, I agree. It's harder for most women to defend against men. Many are smaller, lighter and don't have the training to use a big guy's size to their advantage. That being said, I've gotten too many threats over the years to consider NOT being able to take care of my own safety. Years ago it was death threats from people who decided their opinions about my religion were more important than my life. More recently there was a guy who worked in my building who was obsessed to the point of outlining his "plan" for me in broad daylight in the cafe of my building. (Of course when asked, no one 'saw' anything.) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=83225#p83225

"Women" in general or not, I know I can handle myself if need be. I'd just rather not get close enough to have to worry about someone like that. My Sig has longer arms than I do. :)