If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #89439  by myopicvisionary

On the way home from the pistol match I stopped in Frederica for lunch. I barely made it through the front doors of the Frederica Pizza & Pasta House when I was stopped and asked for a badge. I was informed that since I was not an active police officer, my firearm was banned from their premises. I responded much more gently than I was spoken to. I took my firearm AND my wallet and left.
 #89441  by Sodbuster

:o

I don't understand that at all. I and several other members have dined there and never had a problem. We even had the May meeting there.

You didn't maybe enter the liquor store part of the building by mistake?
 #89449  by myopicvisionary

No, I entered the front doors, saw the sign "Wait to be seated" and then the guy behind the counter chimed in.
 #89455  by SR9

I've been going in there for many years, even since they were at the old location. I always C/C as I have a permit. This really doesn't sound like Pete, the owner though. Maybe it was a new hire. Maybe you should call and ask to speak to pete and get clarification. It is a great place to eat.
 #89473  by Mr.Skellington

Well I guess this dispels my theory that MOV has a special halo that enables him to OC anywhere at anytime w/o complaints. Seriously, I didn't think I'd ever read about a poor encounter by MOV.

I'll add this food joint to the anti list if this turns out to be the official position of the place rather than a one time mishap.
 #89478  by myopicvisionary

Since the start of this forum, this is only the second place that gave me grief. Years ago, the Hooters on Kirkwood highway did the same to me.
 #89484  by DEhammerhead

Speaking of a oc halo- does anyone here get the assumption they may be LE? I am 32 and have short hair and dress nice when I open carry and my family always says I look like a cop. I carry a glock 33. Never had any issues being asked to leave or anything.
 #89501  by olllloJeepin

I generally wear a polo and nice pants or shorts, not to look like a Off duty LEO, but to at least project my professionalism since I am armed and to generally give a good over all appearance so as to not " put anyone on alert" after all, I have yet to read a story about a well dressed robber.