If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #95281  by 08///M3Saloon

Hey all, I was sitting here thinking of what would be what I feel an amazing push for what we are trying to do here. (Defend ourselves, loved ones, exercise a right so it's not lost, and educate the public on DE law and their right to defend themselves and OC.)
Whilst perusing the inter-webs I came across an article about a place called "The Cajun experience" in VA. They have open carry Wednesday in which customers who openly carry receive a 10% discount on their meals. There's also All around pizza in VA beach that does 15% for open carriers as well as the presentation of a CCDW. I think this is a great idea.
I guess my question is, does anyone know or have any restaurant/eatery owners as friends, relatives? Maybe someone perhaps one of the leaders/founders of this forum could draft a proposal for an OC friendly spot. Just an idea, any thoughts?Image
 #95301  by TexasJay

Yep. I came here from VA and frequently go back to visit. The owner of the pizza place is really cool. He made the mistake of going on CNN with piers Morgan. Just YouTube it. He encourages carry in his place whether CC or OC. Show him your concealed handgun permit (in Virginia its a concealed handgun permit, not a weapons permit) if you're CC or if he can see you OC he'll just give it too you. I'd be amazed if any place around here was like that.
 #95309  by 08///M3Saloon

Yea I'd bet $ no pace is currently doing something like this, however if one of our members is close friends or family with someone maybe it could be proposed. Most people I come in contact with aren't anti, just unaware, uninformed.
 #95311  by Cbmarine

TexasJay wrote:Yep. I came here from VA and frequently go back to visit. The owner of the pizza place is really cool. He made the mistake of going on CNN with piers Morgan. Just YouTube it. He encourages carry in his place whether CC or OC. Show him your concealed handgun permit (in Virginia its a concealed handgun permit, not a weapons permit) if you're CC or if he can see you OC he'll just give it too you. I'd be amazed if any place around here was like that.
Concealed means concealed. Is revealing the fact worth a free pizza? OC yes, CC IMHO no.
 #95315  by 08///M3Saloon

I suppose the answer to that question lies with the individual. I know there are people that believe that the person CC should be the only one who knows,and there's everything inbetween
If your sole reasoning is "element of surprise" then I suggest you rethink why you CC. IMO and it's merely that an opinion. Surprise is an offensive element. Situational awareness is the key to being safe.
If you fear letting a pro-gun business owner discreetly know you are armed on a day dedicated to armed discounts then I suppose you oughta just pick you favorite pizza spot an CC along.
Trust me I would never criticize a person for their mode of carry or the reasons they do it. We all have our own. But I for one like to be open minded because I know my opinions have been altered by someone else ability to explain something using logic and fact based scenarios.
Maybe we can all just agree free pizza>discounted pizza>full price pizza.
 #96777  by DavidLee_64

EndSupremacy wrote:I love the pic. We need more stores, not just restaurants, with signs like that.
++++