If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #98456  by Thargon

Is it or is it not OK to OC inside Newark City Limits? Like on Main Street and so on. Just got confused trying to figure it out.
 #98457  by astro_wanabe

Newark does not have any special restrictions. School zone around NHS would be about the only concern, and that doesn't even reach to Main Street.
 #98458  by Thargon

Cool thx :)
 #98488  by Kuntryboy816

Same as Amy... have OC'ed many a time in Newark / Main St area. No issues except for the Mo's over at Klondike Kates. :roll:
 #99153  by ronoverdrive

Code: Select all
Sec. 31
-
3. Carrying concealed weapons; display of weapon.
No person shall, within the city, carry, wear under his clothes, conceal about his person, or display in a threatening manner, any dangerous or deadly weapons, including, but not by way of limitation, any pistol, revolver, dagger, razor, sling shot, knuckles of lead or brass or other metal, any bowie knife or any knife resembling a bowie knife, or any knife with a switch blade or device whereby the blade or blades can be opened by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle, or other mechanical contrivance.
I pulled this from the Delaware Laws PDF and this was under the Newark code section. As far as I can tell since I'm not a lawyer, the City of Newark is a Killing Zone (Gun-Free Zone). Hopefully/maybe they're just lax with the law because I live just outside the city and have to venture through it every so often.
 #99155  by phlydude

That is a law you will find everywhere.

It refers to non-permitted concealed carry and brandishing.

OC does not meet the definition in that statute...besides, state law does not allow for local or municipal exemption in anywhere besides Dover (which had a law on the books before the state law on exemption was drafted)