Have something to buy or sell? Post it here! NOTE: If you choose to sell your firearms, you are completely responsible for making sure you are not selling to a person prohibited. Know your federal, state and local laws before engaging in a transaction involving firearms!

DELOC.org is not responsible in any way for anything related to any transaction.
 #107796  by dave_in_delaware

My "barrel guy" says he should be getting the green barrels in stock sometime this week. Will let you know.
 #107821  by brich2929

dave_in_delaware wrote:My "barrel guy" says he should be getting the green barrels in stock sometime this week. Will let you know.
:pbjtime:
 #107861  by dave_in_delaware

The green barrels that had been "back ordered" for so long came in late afternoon yesterday, and the collection parts were installed.

SO, for those of you who ordered green barrels, when would you be able to come out to PA to pick them up?

I'm available M-F between 5:30pm and 11:00pm. Or during the weekend pretty much any time.

Let me know via PM or in a post here which day you want to come out.
 #107862  by Owen

We put our barrels in just before the rain last night. Both are full at 55gal each after last nights rain! :o

I think I want a few more to put in series! :D

#107864  by dave_in_delaware

That's awesome Owen! Thank you for posting these pictures!

How's the workmanship? Do they perform as expected?

(Now I'm curious how long it took to fill 55 gallons during a rain storm....)
 #107868  by Owen

dave_in_delaware wrote:That's awesome Owen! Thank you for posting these pictures!

How's the workmanship? Do they perform as expected?

(Now I'm curious how long it took to fill 55 gallons during a rain storm....)
Dave, I don't have an exact time but it wasn't raining when I went to bed at midnight and they were full when I checked around 10AM. Down here in DE it was not raining very heavy in the morning, more a drizzle. I'd say they filled in 10 hours or less of moderate to light rain. I was happily surprised! But now that they are full, I keep thinking about all that "wasted" rain water I could be capturing! :lol:

EDIT: Forgot your other question. The workmanship was very good. No leaks from the fittings at all. One thing of note, the barrels are not identical. The overflow was on opposite sides with each barrel when oriented with the spigot but that worked out perfect for my installation. I'd buy again.
 #107873  by dave_in_delaware

Owen wrote:The workmanship was very good. No leaks from the fittings at all. One thing of note, the barrels are not identical. The overflow was on opposite sides with each barrel when oriented with the spigot but that worked out perfect for my installation. I'd buy again.
I'm glad to hear there are no leaks. IIRC, my barrel guy guarantees the work to be free of leaks.

Hmmm... without knowing the exact orientation and setup specifics of each customer, it's difficult to standardize the locations and alignments of the accessories. Which would make "standardizing" the lid holes, overflow location, and spigot location difficult to accommodate everyone all the time. I guess there's no way of making a standard setup "template" since everyone's needs could be different.

Thanks for the info and review!
 #107906  by dave_in_delaware

My source for barrels just got a new style in.

They're blue, 55 gallon but a little taller than a standard 55 gallon, with a wider mouth at the top. The lid is removable and is attached by a plastic clamp. Very nice looking. And if you have more than one, they fit inside each other (stackable) for less storage space.

There are only 5 available as of today. I'm not sure if he can get more of these or not.

$30 for barrel only (includes lid and plastic clamp)
$50 for barrel with the rain water collection setup