Have something to buy or sell? Post it here! NOTE: If you choose to sell your firearms, you are completely responsible for making sure you are not selling to a person prohibited. Know your federal, state and local laws before engaging in a transaction involving firearms!

DELOC.org is not responsible in any way for anything related to any transaction.
 #107162  by dave_in_delaware

In case anyone was interested in rain water collection barrels/systems, I live about 5 minutes away from an Amish farm that makes these rain water collection barrels. I drive past this place daily going to/from work, and I've seen one outside on display.

Well, I finally decided to stop by today and inquire. I met the person who actually makes them, and he said he can make as many as we need. So if anyone is interested in doing a "group order" so he has a bunch to make at one time, that would probably be preferred.

The barrel itself is a 55 or 60 gallon capacity (depending on which type you want). They are food-grade and have had only some type of food in them (molasses, fruit, etc), and have since been washed. Each comes complete with a downspout adapter, plug, overflow pipe with hose, and drainage spigot.Recently added: 30-gallon barrel size.

Quoted price is only $37 each for "basic" barrels, or a little more for different lid fastening ($44) or larger size ($45). :shock: I honestly expected them to be more expensive.

Please use this link to view photos in my Facebook Album.

This thread is just to gauge interest for now. If people are interested, I can call him and place an order closer to spring time. We'd have to figure out payment details and pickup/delivery logistics as well, but that can come later.

So, if you're interested, please let me know either by posting here or sending me a PM.

Thanks for reading.

-------

3-22-16: UPDATE! Just found out that colors and different sizes are available.

Sizes/Colors in bold are currently available stock.

- 30 gallon royal blue $37

- 55 gallon blue (a slightly "duller" color blue) $37
- 55 gallon royal blue (a brighter blue) $37
- 55 gallon black $37
- 55 gallon green (lighter, not forest or dark) $37
- 55 gallon white $37
- 55 gallon purple $37
- 55 gallon maroon

- 55 gallon black w/ metal clamp for lid $44

- 60 gallon gray w/ black threaded lid $45

-------

Also available as "plain" barrels (no water collection accessories installed) starting at $13.
 #107179  by Maintenance Guy

I would like to order one. Sounds like a great deal.
 #107181  by Owen

I am very interested. I'l like to get at least two.

If you can line them up in series then maybe more.
 #107184  by dave_in_delaware

Sounds like a decent enough interest to place an order. When do you guys think the best time to order them would be? Or, when would you want to take delivery?
Owen wrote:If you can line them up in series then maybe more.
From what I was told, and have seen online in pictures, if you position one higher up from the adjacent one, you can use an "in series" setup. The overflow of the highest one would go into the adjacent barrel, and so on and so on for as many barrels as you have.

You can also use piping to connect all drainage spigots to one common spigot, so when you use the water, it would "pull" from all barrels and drain them equally. Not sure if that's a better setup than using the water from one barrel at a time, but it's a possibility with additional materials.
 #107190  by Sodbuster

dave_in_delaware wrote:
You can also use piping to connect all drainage spigots to one common spigot, so when you use the water, it would "pull" from all barrels and drain them equally.
They would also fill equally when plumbed that way.
 #107208  by Boots

Sodbuster wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote:
You can also use piping to connect all drainage spigots to one common spigot, so when you use the water, it would "pull" from all barrels and drain them equally.
They would also fill equally when plumbed that way.
... only if they are all sitting at the same level! ;)
 #107478  by dave_in_delaware

So, from what I've read, here's the order so far:

1 for astro_wanabe
1 for Maintenance Guy
2 (or possibly more) for Owen
1 for brich2929
------------
5 total (at least)

As long as "extra funds" are available, I am willing to purchase the barrel(s) ahead of time and then you can pay me when you come to pick it/them up. I have space in my shed so I can keep the barrels locked up in there.

So I guess the question then becomes: WHEN should I place the order? I can place the order one at a time if there will be different pick up dates, or I can place the order all at once. I drive right past the farm where they are made so it's not a problem to pick one or two up on my way home from work.

Let me know what you guys want to do, and when you want your barrel(s) to be ordered and picked up. I would give a few day's notice between order and pick up to give the guy time to make the barrels.

Pick up times would be weekdays say after 5:30pm or almost any time during the weekend.

Pick up location (without making my address public) is near the Routes 30 and 10 intersection, north of Parkesburg and east of Gap.
 #107479  by brich2929

Dave,

You're located near my Range (I actually drive right through that intersection when I head out to the range).

I could do sometime next week (Thursday) or so.