Have something to buy or sell? Post it here! NOTE: If you choose to sell your firearms, you are completely responsible for making sure you are not selling to a person prohibited. Know your federal, state and local laws before engaging in a transaction involving firearms!

DELOC.org is not responsible in any way for anything related to any transaction.
 #107597  by dave_in_delaware

Maintenance Guy wrote:I would like to have the 60 gallon gray with removable lid and attachments. Please let me know when it will be avalible and I will pick it up ASAP. Thank you....
OK, You're down for a 60-gal gray w/ rain water collection accessories. Will let you know when it'll be available.
 #107609  by dave_in_delaware

I was talking with the guy who makes the rain barrels about the design/location of the spigot at the bottom of the barrels....

He's been using a spigot that turns 90° and points down and placing it about 7 inches up off the bottom. His reasoning was so that you could get a small pail under it or easily hook up a garden hose. BUT in doing so, you can't get the bottom 7 inches of water out of the barrel (unless you tilt it).

How would everyone feel about a spigot that comes straight out and doesn't have any angle in it? That way it could be closer to the bottom and still allow a hose to be attached?

I don't know exactly what everyone's setup or placement is going to be on these barrels but yet I want to have him make them so they're as usable and perfect as they can be.

I'd like to agree on ONE design idea so it makes things easier on him.

Please let me know. He's working on getting more inventory of barrels right now (he had 20 ready to pick up from prior orders) so there's a little time to figure out the location and design of the spigot.
 #107610  by astro_wanabe

Either straight or 90 degrees is ok, but I would prefer the location be near the bottom. We were planning to place the barrel on cinder blocks to give room for connecting a hose, but a straight spigot would eliminate the need for that and be preferred.
 #107611  by Kuntryboy816

Dave, I'd like to order 1 of the green barrels w/o any accessories and also 1 of the gray 60 gallon barrels w/ the removable lid but no accessories.

If you'd like payment prior to pickup, I can Paypal you the money. Please let me know.
 #107612  by dave_in_delaware

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Dave, I'd like to order 1 of the green barrels w/o any accessories and also 1 of the gray 60 gallon barrels w/ the removable lid but no accessories.
OK, I have you down for those two barrels (only barrels no rain water stuff).

Nah, I can pay my guy up front then you can pay me when you pick them up.
 #107614  by Maintenance Guy

The stright spigot is fine with me. Either one will work. The 7" will allow the sediment to settle to the bottom. Just something to think about but rain water still has to be purified when collected off the roof.
 #107615  by dave_in_delaware

I think having a straight spigot would make more sense for the most applications, and allow the most water to be drained from the barrel. I'll have him make them all with the straight spigot.
 #107632  by dave_in_delaware

Update:

"55 gallon barrel with fixed lid and two holes" now also available in black or white. Relevant posts have been updated with prices.

Hope to be getting purple in soon.
 #107670  by dave_in_delaware

Just to let everyone know:

Purple barrels are now in stock!

Green barrels should be on the way soon. There is a large demand for them so the Amish farm is having trouble getting them in stock from their supplier. As soon as they get some in he's going to fill the existing green barrel orders! Thank you for your patience.