Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Four Bills in Draft Form
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm 

Hi all -

The first four bills have been released in draft format. We'll have the PDF up on our site hopefully tomorrow (and it's on our Facebook page right now). In the meantime, I've put up a summary of the legislation on our site, which can be found here:

http://fsffa.org/four-bills-in-draft-format

Sean

Defend firearms rights in Delaware! http://www.fsffa.org

Post subject: Re: Four Bills in Draft Form
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 am 

I have a question concerning the amount of ammo one can hold in a mag. if the number is 10 and my mags for my handguns hold 15 or 17. would it be against the law if this passes if i were to load only 10 rounds in the mag and carry in gun?

I really dont think gun manufactors are gonna just start making 10 round mags because 1 or 10 states makes this law.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 am 

Lascivious1 wrote:
I have a question concerning the amount of ammo one can hold in a mag. if the number is 10 and my mags for my handguns hold 15 or 17. would it be against the law if this passes if i were to load only 10 rounds in the mag and carry in gun?

I really dont think gun manufactors are gonna just start making 10 round mags because 1 or 10 states makes this law.

the answer is no. you can have higher capacity mags, but can only load 10 rounds into them IF this law passes.

some manufacturers will make whatever sells....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 pm 

The way I've read the draft legislation is that the important factor is the magazines capacity not how many rounds you actually have loaded. That would make magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, which is a majority of popular EDC's, unlawful as they currently are.

One exemption is that you may have a "high cap" mag in a public place if its unloaded and separate from the cased firearm it goes with. That wont help you much. Another exemption in the draft is if the magazine has been permanently modified to only accept 10 rounds.

Short of those, and a few other exemptions, if you're in a public place with a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds loaded in your sidearm it would be a class G felony for the first time offense.

Keep in mind that what I'm reading is only in its draft form and could be changed or not pass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 pm 

I read the legislation the same way.

Lt. Governor Denn's office sent one of our Steering Committee members an e-mail today. I've got it on the blog today, and I'll link it in a separate post in this room.

Sean

Defend firearms rights in Delaware! http://www.fsffa.org

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am 

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs171/110 ... mg/813.jpg

I'm gonna try to make it to this

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am 

rosco87 wrote:
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs171/1103350875636/img/813.jpg

I'm gonna try to make it to this

Going to try and make this as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm 

Unfortunately I can't get the time off work to make it. Please, make some noise for me!

3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
4) Be sure of your target and what is beyond it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:46 am 

Yeah, exactly, you have posted the informative post. It really helped me ahead.

Pass your 350-029 on first attempt using Harvard University and other resources. We offer 100% success in SAP with up to date testking University of Wisconsin - Madison by experts. You can also find Youtube Good Luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 pm 

I'm concerned about all four bills. I personally think they should relax the school zone laws though. If my babies need help I'll be right there trying to protect them. Not sure what folks in law are thinking...