A forum for the First State Firearms Freedom Association, a grassroots lobby for Delaware.
 #81671  by SeanM

Hi all -

The first four bills have been released in draft format. We'll have the PDF up on our site hopefully tomorrow (and it's on our Facebook page right now). In the meantime, I've put up a summary of the legislation on our site, which can be found here:

http://fsffa.org/four-bills-in-draft-format

Sean
 #81777  by Lascivious1

I have a question concerning the amount of ammo one can hold in a mag. if the number is 10 and my mags for my handguns hold 15 or 17. would it be against the law if this passes if i were to load only 10 rounds in the mag and carry in gun?

I really dont think gun manufactors are gonna just start making 10 round mags because 1 or 10 states makes this law.
 #81782  by bmel17

Lascivious1 wrote:I have a question concerning the amount of ammo one can hold in a mag. if the number is 10 and my mags for my handguns hold 15 or 17. would it be against the law if this passes if i were to load only 10 rounds in the mag and carry in gun?

I really dont think gun manufactors are gonna just start making 10 round mags because 1 or 10 states makes this law.
the answer is no. you can have higher capacity mags, but can only load 10 rounds into them IF this law passes.

some manufacturers will make whatever sells....
 #81791  by Mr.Skellington

The way I've read the draft legislation is that the important factor is the magazines capacity not how many rounds you actually have loaded. That would make magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, which is a majority of popular EDC's, unlawful as they currently are.

One exemption is that you may have a "high cap" mag in a public place if its unloaded and separate from the cased firearm it goes with. That wont help you much. Another exemption in the draft is if the magazine has been permanently modified to only accept 10 rounds.

Short of those, and a few other exemptions, if you're in a public place with a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds loaded in your sidearm it would be a class G felony for the first time offense.

Keep in mind that what I'm reading is only in its draft form and could be changed or not pass.
 #81793  by SeanM

I read the legislation the same way.

Lt. Governor Denn's office sent one of our Steering Committee members an e-mail today. I've got it on the blog today, and I'll link it in a separate post in this room.

Sean
 #81858  by MrCoolDale

Unfortunately I can't get the time off work to make it. Please, make some noise for me!
 #102584  by Red Alert

I'm concerned about all four bills. I personally think they should relax the school zone laws though. If my babies need help I'll be right there trying to protect them. Not sure what folks in law are thinking...