A forum for the First State Firearms Freedom Association, a grassroots lobby for Delaware.
 #81798  by Chizult

Good post. Interesting to finally hear something from Dover. Have you heard anything from any of the state legislators? Or are they completely out of contact when they're not in session?
Last edited by Chizult on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #81803  by Guard_Duck

They've been using that canned repsonse for 2 months now. The "Virginia report" is vaporware. First it was a VA State Police report, then a VA Department of Justice report, then linked to a half a dozen liberal arts colleges. No one has seen the report, the just summarize what the report says.
 #81804  by Mr.Skellington

white95zj wrote:They've been using that canned repsonse for 2 months now. The "Virginia report" is vaporware. First it was a VA State Police report, then a VA Department of Justice report, then linked to a half a dozen liberal arts colleges. No one has seen the report, the just summarize what the report says.
Especially considering that it's been said many times that no data was tracked (FBI, ATF, etc...)concerning the magazines of guns recovered from crimes or on the person of criminals.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.
 #81811  by stephpd

Chizult wrote:Good post. Interesting to finally hear something from Dover. Have you heard anything from any of the state legislators? Or are they completely out of contact when they're not in session?
Most politicians won't give any response before the actual bill are introduced. From that point on expect the usual run around and political doublespeak.

As to the 'report' I may have hit pay dirt when googling this phrase 'Virginia large capacity magazine ban'. Seems VA does keep records of all 'recovered' firearms. But just like many of the ATF trace reports it leaves out vital information. Like if they just took and ran the numbers when the is no actual crime. (other then carrying a gun)

One thing I did notice was that, yes, the number of firearms confiscated did have a slightly lower number of 'high capacity' magazines for the years 1998 -2004. And yes the numbers did increase after the ban, back to where they were during the first 5 years of the ban.

But what none of these articles mention is that since 2005 violent crime has been decreasing.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Crime_in_Virginia.shtm
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/Cr ... a_2011.pdf
Page 4 shows the actual numbers going back to 2005 and the decreases in most every area of violent crime decreasing. That's something investigative reporters should have noticed. Especially since these are supposed to be laws to prevent violent crime. Yet show the opposite. ;)

Also you'll find in these reports references to the 'Criminal Firearms Clearinghouse '. I can't find any real links to this information other then the form they fill out. Here's the one 'report' that all the left leaning sites seem to reference.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04243.html

Note at the bottom the totals. Then look at the page 4 I reference and see that there's no correlation between reduce magazine capacity and violent crimes.

What I'm not certain of is whether there was a ban on handgun magazine sizes in VA during the AWB. Because if there was not a ban on handguns magazine sizes, and most firearms used are handguns, then it's a totally worthless statistic.
 #81816  by steve

I got the same response from them. I pointed out that since there was no change in crime or murder they had to say that only the magazines collected when they made an arrest changed. So basically criminals carry whatever is around at the time, but don't change their use based on magazine capacity. Big surprise.

Steve
 #81835  by radnor

I've received a phone call from my State Rep. We talked for about 15-20 minutes. Did receive a letter from Mrs. Blevins. She stated that when it to committee, it is OPEN for comments.

Same letter from Denn. In his letter he said he had input from gun owners. Invited him to talk to us at DSPC. Asked for a little notice so we could send an email to the members announcing it. I am sure he will NOT attend.

The same drivel from Craper and Coons. I'm in DC now so FU. And definitely cannot leave out about his famous ancestors......