You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #105078  by JägerMatthias

Bummer. Just ask him to be clear about his business policy, then make your patronage decision from that.
 #105081  by Surface Dragon

I kind of wish I had recorded what happened with my phone so that I could more actually portray what happened.

I went into Pat's Pizza with the intention of meeting up with a friend for some food. I was alone and didn't know how long it would take for my friend to arrive so I went to the bar. Sat down and ordered a drink and told the barkeep I don't need a menu yet I'm waiting for a friend to arrive.

I pulled out my phone and texted my friend that I was at the bar. Then the general manager comes up to me, tells me something like "I'm the general manager, I've had a complaint from customers" I said "what's the problem?"

He then asked me to "Could you please hide your gun" I replied "No, its legal" Then he said he and the restaurant had no problem with firearms it just that he had a complaint from a customer.

Then I said "If you had a complaint from a customer that the color of my skin was making them feel uncomfortable would you ask me to hide that?" He got a little awkward then kindly asked me again "Please, could you just cover it"

I then said "If you would like me to leave I'll leave" he replied "I'm not asking you to leave" we exchanged a few more words and I realized this guy wasn't gonna stop bothering me until I either hid my gun or left. So I changed seats to the barstool next to where I was right up against the wall and made my firearm less noticeable. He thanked me and said "Please enjoy your beverage."

I sat at the bar nursing my drink and playing with my phone while I waited. So I waited for about an hour and a half to two hours for my friend to reply to my texts. They never replied or came out to Pat's so when I was close to finishing my drink the barkeep asked me "Is your friend not here yet?" I replied "I think I've been stood up. It's been almost two hours since we had planned on meeting and now they won't even reply to my texts. Can I just get the bill for my drink?" I paid then left.

My friend finally got back to me hours later. Apologized then asked if we could meet tomorrow at the same place and the same time we were originally supposed to meet. I said "No" but they insisted. So it looks like I'll be visiting Pat's Pizza again tomorrow.
 #105095  by Amy Blackthorn

Had a similar encounter in Acme after Sandy Hook. When I told the manager he just asked me to commit a Felony he turned white as a sheet and ran back to his manager cave.
 #105101  by Glockamole

Awesome spin on a open carry log I dig it! Unfortunately here in NJ I can only carry in and around my house so no daily stories to share. I do open carry sometimes while in Delaware but had no encounters yet. I have done the tactical Walmart trip a few times though :) keep up the great log.