You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #105511  by dtm87h

Second day of OC today. First time was Sunday night going to get pizza with the wife. Went to the Pizza Hut in New Castle, no one seemed to notice or say anything. Today was to the grocery store (Food Lion in New Castle). Walked inside, grabbed a cart, shopped without an issue. A few employees noticed (including what looked like a manager) and no one said anything. Only looks I got was from the guy behind me in checkout who started like I had three heads & stayed back about 20ft, don't mind him keeping a distance though lol.

I'm also recoding if places are OC friendly using the 2Afriendly App. Looking forward to more good experiences as I carry on (pun intended).
 #105517  by Kuntryboy816

Congrats! :applause: Hopefully all of your OC outings are uneventful! :D
 #105520  by Owen

Nice OC log! :D
 #105773  by dtm87h

Been a while since I could OC, but I'm trying to set aside at least one day a week to do so. Last adventure was to the Walmart in New Castle (Wilton Blvd). No issues there except the guy who kept following me and the wife (she doesn't OC yet) but once I asked his what's up he said he thought I was gonna rob the place and didn't need a gun. Apparently filling a cart with goods makes you a thief lol. I told him I was shopping with my wife and how Delaware is an OC state and I carry for my safety & the safety of my wife. He scoffed and did this weird little shuffle away. The lady at the register was cool, notice my sidearm and asked what it was. Had a good discussion about OC and such. Then went to the Hardes on Rt. 40...horrible...horrible service & a very rude staff. Went through the drive-thru, asked to pull up and they'd bring it out, waited 15 minutes, went in and the manager flips about why I need a gun. The junkie out front wasn't need enough?!? Anyway, other than the old guy at Walmart and the horrible experience at Hardes it was an interesting experience.
 #105779  by NormH3

dtm87h wrote:Been a while since I could OC, but I'm trying to set aside at least one day a week to do so. Last adventure was to the Walmart in New Castle (Wilton Blvd). No issues there except the guy who kept following me and the wife (she doesn't OC yet) but once I asked his what's up he said he thought I was gonna rob the place and didn't need a gun. Apparently filling a cart with goods makes you a thief lol. I told him I was shopping with my wife and how Delaware is an OC state and I carry for my safety & the safety of my wife. He scoffed and did this weird little shuffle away. The lady at the register was cool, notice my sidearm and asked what it was. Had a good discussion about OC and such. Then went to the Hardes on Rt. 40...horrible...horrible service & a very rude staff. Went through the drive-thru, asked to pull up and they'd bring it out, waited 15 minutes, went in and the manager flips about why I need a gun. The junkie out front wasn't need enough?!? Anyway, other than the old guy at Walmart and the horrible experience at Hardes it was an interesting experience.
Always considered that Walmart a scary place. Was only there once and it was after dark during the winter. My head was on a swivel the entire time I walked in the parking lot.
 #105781  by Kuntryboy816

I'e only been to that Hardees once but I was CC. Didn't have a terrible experience but not a great one either. Apparently the manager either doesn't remember or wasn't there to know that, in the recent past, there was a stabbing as well as a shooting (maybe 2 IIRC) in the same parking lot he shares with those other businesses. Might have to make a stop over there sometime soon.... I'm in that little shopping center fairly often anyways....... :D
 #105806  by dtm87h

Yeah the Hardee's experience was a bust, based on attitude and the food alone. I'm traveling to the Brew HaHa on Concord Pike today, we'll see how that goes. I'm optimistic.
 #105807  by dtm87h

Today's OC was good! Went to Brew HaHa on Concord Pike, an older couple starred a little, but no one else seemed to care or notice. Then walked to the Staples next door for Velcro for my dash holster setup in the car, if you use Velcro on the dash with a cheap nylon holster I recommend the "All Weather" stuff. Two strips to the dash, so you can place you holster angled, and one strip to the holster itself.

Then walked (all these are in the same shopping center) to the Game Stop and asked a few questions about my PS3 and got a game (don't judge between volunteering and working I have some free time lol). Again no one in the Staples of the Game Stop said anything.

Drove from Concord Pike to Total Wine on Limestone Rd (used 141 to Kirkwood because of the school/church thing on Milltown Rd) and got some beer and wine for tonight and the lady at the register was cool, didn't say anything but did take notice. I also realized I wasn't carded for buying an "M" rated game at Game Stop or at the Total Wine...weird.

I've also updated the 2A Friendly App with where I've traveled.
 #105814  by CorBon

Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'e only been to that Hardees once but I was CC. Didn't have a terrible experience but not a great one either. Apparently the manager either doesn't remember or wasn't there to know that, in the recent past, there was a stabbing as well as a shooting (maybe 2 IIRC) in the same parking lot he shares with those other businesses. Might have to make a stop over there sometime soon.... I'm in that little shopping center fairly often anyways....... :D
That shopping center has had a few incidents, particularly the two shootings at the restaurant. There is normally have a full-time guard walking around the shopping center, too, but I can't think that it is a job that too many folks would be envious of.

The "what do you need a gun for" comment is almost an indication that the speaker is illiterate and lacks access to a television -- because the newspaper and local news stations are always full of stories about people who needed a gun but didn't have one.
 #105823  by TexasJay

CorBon wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'e only been to that Hardees once but I was CC. Didn't have a terrible experience but not a great one either. Apparently the manager either doesn't remember or wasn't there to know that, in the recent past, there was a stabbing as well as a shooting (maybe 2 IIRC) in the same parking lot he shares with those other businesses. Might have to make a stop over there sometime soon.... I'm in that little shopping center fairly often anyways....... :D
That shopping center has had a few incidents, particularly the two shootings at the restaurant. There is normally have a full-time guard walking around the shopping center, too, but I can't think that it is a job that too many folks would be envious of.

The "what do you need a gun for" comment is almost an indication that the speaker is illiterate and lacks access to a television -- because the newspaper and local news stations are always full of stories about people who needed a gun but didn't have one.
I used to be one of the guards that worked this area. If you're referring to the Hardee's in sunset station by the buffalo wild wings in bear. It is a terrible area. I was working the day of the stabbing last year as well as the shooting that happened the next day. I quit soon thereafter.