Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Open Carry Logs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:13 pm 
Founding Member

Sorry to hear that he thought your hairstyle was provocative.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:24 am 

josephjanes wrote:
OC'ing in Starbuck's today (141 E. Main St., Newark). 55-60-ish WM, pony-tail, earring, felt obliged to let me know 'that thing' is 'provocative'. I ignored him and kept on reading. He didn't seem to appreciate having his unsolicited opinion ignored !!

Sounds like he doesn't have one of 'those things,' which might explain why he's provoked by your 'thing.'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:01 am 

You could have answered his random with some random of your own:

"Do you mean the John Carpenter movie or the original? I got the feeling in the original that it was an analogy for the cold war paranoia about infiltration of communist spies. Or are you talking about something else?"

:pbjtime:

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:47 pm 

Purebread Deli - 4001 Kennett Pike, Greenville after church today. I actually go there almost every Sunday after church, arrive 10AM, with my sister, who is very anti-2A !!
After 'poking the bear' (my sister) at Purebread, went down the road to Starbuck's to read the paper and sip on some good coffee. Never any problems from either place (at least not by management).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:55 am 

Received 2 compliments at Starbuck's today ! Main St., Newark.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 pm 

Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DECCDW PALTCF DESO

Tea, glorious tea!
http://blackthornhoodooblends.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:21 pm 

Bear Diner, 603 Pulaski Hwy.(Rt. 40), Bear, -- last Friday, 11-4-16. No fuss, no muss from management or clients. Good food and prices.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:08 pm 
Founding Member

I have eaten there several times. Never any issues! Also recommend the Route 40 Diner.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 pm 

See my post on November, 2016 Monthly Meeting Forum re: Old Country Buffet (Chr. Hosp.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:09 pm 

I'v been doing OC for the last 2 or 3 years. I carry everyday and have had no problems going anywhere I normally would go. The only issue that I've had was at the local drug store here on Savanna Rd. in lewes. A young man approached me and said he was "store security". He then ask me to conceal my pistol as it was "scaring" the "old ladies",his words. I told him that I could not do that because he was asking me to break the law. He was very determined and nothing I said had any effect. Finally I ask him to get the manager, and I continued with my shopping. Neither he or the manager ever appeared. That was the only time that I've seen any kind of "security" in the store and have visited many times without any other problems.
I have found open carry to be so much different than what I would have expected. Instead of people being afraid and making a scene, I've had nothing but positive comments and many many people (strangers) tell me how great they think it is. I would encourage everyone to give OC a try, you will be surprised at the reactions you get.
JTB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next