Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jhight29s Open Carry discussion
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:24 am 

Hey folks,

New to the carrying world. I recently just started open carrying because i am applying for my CCDW and just want to get use to carrying a gun. I started off carrying around my house. Then OC to my friends in Delaware City.

Monday i started OC while working for my mom at her deli in Clayton, DE. Nobody even noticed, and the few that did complimented me. My mom isnt a fan of me OC at her store because she thinks it will attract unwanted attention, and her police friend says if someone were to rob the place, they would know i also am armed, and will come blazing.

Im trying to get comfortable OC in places i know really well first, then venturing out to new ones.
If anyone has any tips or suggestions, its greatly appricated!

-Jason

Post subject: Re: Jhight29s Open Carry discussion
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:51 am 

Jhight29 wrote:
her police friend says if someone were to rob the place, they would know i also am armed, and will come blazing.

Congrats on carrying and I hope you get you CCDW without undue delay. I disagree with this statement. Interviews that have been done with criminals in prison reveal that the majority would avoid an establishment if they knew they were armed. From what I have seen most (not all) criminals who rob really do not want to use their gun or get into a shootout. They are hoping that fear will cause their victims to comply. Carry with confidence and always be aware of your surroundings.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 pm 

Thank you Hawkeye!

Yeah i feel as if people knowing i am carrying will make them think twice about something. i OC and my mother and father conceal carry when they are there.

Since i have started carrying, i definitely feel more safe and confident that is for sure. Was thinking of attending some meetings and trying to make some fellow OC friends to journey out with.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:48 pm 
Founding Member

I have been OCing for eight years now. Bad guys generally make themselves scarce when they see my Kimber.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:44 pm 

myopicvisionary wrote:
I have been OCing for eight years now. Bad guys generally make themselves scarce when they see my Kimber.

+1000

DECCDW PALTCF DESO

Tea, glorious tea!
http://blackthornhoodooblends.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:29 pm 

myopicvisionary wrote:

Yeah im picking up my 1911 saturday :applause: :D :sparring: I cant wait!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:16 pm 

Jhight29 wrote:

Get that broken in before you start carrying it, a lot of 1911s will have a lot of jams in the first few hundred rounds. My Springfield Range Officer has been great, though. What are you getting?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:17 am 

whatevah wrote:
Jhight29 wrote:

Get that broken in before you start carrying it, a lot of 1911s will have a lot of jams in the first few hundred rounds. My Springfield Range Officer has been great, though. What are you getting?

Yeah thats what im hearing actually. ive always been into the 1911 platforms. Im getting a Rock Island Tac Ultra Officer. I hear alot of good things about those models and they are decent priced so im hoping for the best!! Do you happen to know which model Blackhawk serpa holster that will fit in?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 am 

I don't think they make a Serpa designed for the Officer model, but the one for the Commander should be fine. The model number is 410542BK-R. Technically, the holster for a Government model would also work, you'd just have more extra space below the barrel. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:00 pm 

whatevah wrote:
I don't think they make a Serpa designed for the Officer model, but the one for the Commander should be fine. The model number is 410542BK-R. Technically, the holster for a Government model would also work, you'd just have more extra space below the barrel. :)

Oh ok. Sorry I got the model wrong. Its the rock ultra CS model. Not sure what had me thinking of officer Hahaha