You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #109021  by richie77

Well, I guess I popped my cherry today. Nothing too significant but I had my first real OC today at the Wawa at the corner of Churchmans Rd and airport Rd this morning. I have mostly been leaving my G 17 in the car but after spending some time reading this forum i decided that I was done worrying about what other people would say. I guess I just didn't want to have to deal with hassle and ignorance but I now realize that its up to people like us to counter the ignorance by educating others. And not to see encounters as a hassle, but as an opportunity instead. So, long story short (too late) I went in, was a little nervous, and even though it wasn't for much longer then 5 minute or so, I came out the other side feeling really good. I didn't even notice if anyone noticed. I felt more engaged with people and the guy behind the counter was super cool. All in all it was a positive experience and I will continue to OC. I need to get a better holster though. But I cannot stress enough how helpful this forum has been for me in providing information and shared experiences to nudge me in the right direction. thanks
 #109022  by Fishhunter911

Congrats on your first outting!! It will get easier each time. :applause:
 #109024  by Kuntryboy816

Congrats! It does get easier on the nerves over time. What kind of holster are you currently employing?
 #109035  by richie77

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Congrats! It does get easier on the nerves over time. What kind of holster are you currently employing?

My holster is a Bulldog FSN-7 It was a gift from my cousin. He was going to return it but decided to give it to me instead. It does the job, but i would like something a little more secure.
 #109053  by Kuntryboy816

richie77 wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:Congrats! It does get easier on the nerves over time. What kind of holster are you currently employing?

My holster is a Bulldog FSN-7 It was a gift from my cousin. He was going to return it but decided to give it to me instead. It does the job, but i would like something a little more secure.
Ah, I have 2 of those holsters but I only use them for vehicle transport if I'm OC. I had one attached to the dash of my Jeep and one in the wife's car. They were mainly used before I had my CCDW so that I could holster the pistol in those instead of trying to remove my Blackhawk Serpa OC holster when entering the vehicle.

There are a plethora of OWB holsters out there on the market. Some of the more popular ones are Blackhawk Serpa, Safariland, Galco, Blade Tech, DeSantis, etc. Finding one that is comfortable and right for you may take a little research and trial and error but don't despair! A lot of us have gone through the same search for our perfect match. :lol:

I don't know what our preferred FFL, Viper98, keeps in stock but it is always a great trip over to his place and the conversation is always excellent! Give him a call and he can edgyoomahcate ya on differing options out there. http://www.federalfirearm.com/ Also, ask around on here about what others prefer, as there is a wealth of knowledge just ready and willing to share their knowledge with you. Someone may even have an old holster laying around that they never used much because they didn't like the fit/feel. They may even offer it to you or sell it to you cheap. Never hurts to ask.
 #109054  by richie77

I don't know what our preferred FFL, Viper98, keeps in stock but it is always a great trip over to his place and the conversation is always excellent! Give him a call and he can edgyoomahcate ya on differing options out there. http://www.federalfirearm.com/ Also, ask around on here about what others prefer, as there is a wealth of knowledge just ready and willing to share their knowledge with you. Someone may even have an old holster laying around that they never used much because they didn't like the fit/feel. They may even offer it to you or sell it to you cheap. Never hurts to ask.[/quote]

I believe you are referring to Chris. I never met him personally, but some good friends of mine deal with him and he comes highly recommended. Thank you for the feed back. Most of my problem right now is "budget" but I plan on heading down to meet him after tax refund time.