You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #109609  by Sheetypants

So, since I'm new to open carrying figures I'd post my a log up. I'll back date to Friday since that was the first day I finally got a holster that fit my Taurus pt111 g2 well enough.

Friday 2/10
Went down to Seaford to Grotto Pizza to deliver a cake my girlfriend made. (I'm an ex-employee of Grotto, and I have worked at nearly all location from Kent County and Sussex county over 10 years) everything went well. Few managers I knew from other stores were there and everything was fine, fee made comments surprised I Was now OCing; few others just asked what I had.

There was also a corporate manager there and he had no issues. So first day went very well.

Today

Went out to Gamestop in Milford to pick up a game, had a few glances but everything was fine. Repeated same scenario at Walmart afterwards, group of kids that walked by made a comment that I had it but that was all.

Stopped by Grotto in Milford for dinner (G/F works there as well and I was putting on new wiper blades on her jeep since she needed them as per a phone call earlier in the day haha).Girlscouts were up front selling their devilish wears (cookies) but the parents seemed fine, these were younger girls around 6-7 so I kinda had to dodge them as they ran around trying to hold doors for me and girlfriends daughter. Parents were fine.

So my first two days went very well. I don't know why I expected more interaction from othersz
I will carry in my car to work, and home, but not in work as I'm not sure our weapon policy. Not to mention it'll probably get in the way haha.
Last edited by Sheetypants on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #109612  by Kuntryboy816

Congrats on your first OC outing! Stay safe and stay vigilant! :applause:
 #109613  by Owen

Great first log post! :applause:

OC get's more natural the more you do it. The feeling of the neon sign over your head goes away. It will be second nature in no time. :D
 #109628  by Sheetypants

Went out after work yesterday, went to Walgreens in Harrington, had no issues.
Had gone up to Dover, but since I don't have a permit to carry in Dover I took the magazine out and put the pt111 in my glove box and magazine in my door pocket, just in case. Hadn't planned on going to Dover so forgot I had pistol with me.
 #109629  by Owen

If you are storing a pistol the glove box is a bad place for it unless you have a CCDW: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=31

It can't be concealed and readily accessible even if unloaded. Better to lock it in the trunk or if a pickup behind the seat in a case unloaded. You should technically have the ammo in a different location like: pistol in trunk ammo in the passenger compartment back.

All that said I think the Dover law re-open carry is no longer enforced. There is a link around here to that. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10732
 #109632  by myopicvisionary

Dover has been following state law for awhile now. Dover permits are now collector items!
 #109637  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:Dover has been following state law for awhile now. Dover permits are now collector items!
That fact should have been put in the "Current Issues" section a long time ago...

http://www.deloc.org/
 #109645  by zach619

hi I just moved here from new jersey..i wanna open carry I just got a xd 9 4inch mod.2 I live in bear. is there places I should know about not to carry? and any tips? thanks