You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #110787  by myopicvisionary

January 14th, 2018

Breakfast at Perkins then some shopping at Lowes in Newark. Never any issues.
 #110803  by myopicvisionary

January 19th, 2018

The folks at "A Taste of China" on Kirkwood highway don't seem to mind my dining there with a 1911 on my hip.

#110835  by myopicvisionary

February 2nd, 2018

I had to do some banking and as usual, WSFS never bats an eye at my Kimber.
 #110885  by myopicvisionary

February 16th, 2018

Mary and I had a dinner date at Cafe Valentina. The food as always was great. I have carried there several times with no negative reactions. This time it was noticed by several patrons. Early in the evening, in an almost exact repeat of ancient history, two older gents at the bar were conversing among themselves. I overheard them mention "pistole" and "Carabinieri" but that was all. Later in the evening the manager; who is a great guy, stopped by our table. He always talks to us to ensure our meals are good and that we are enjoying our time there. This time he relayed to us that the party of four; two tables away from us, voiced concerns over my 1911. He told us that he had told them "Don't worry about him, he's OK!"
 #110886  by airman1968

Interesting, I just mentioned to my wife> I wondered what kind of reactions you folks who open carry have been getting since Florida. All this negativity can make you feel as if we are the criminal. I applaud all of you who open carry daily. I prefer not to be asked any questions so I conceal, but that is just me an older guy. I'm glad you folks have the guts to get your point of view out there. Thanks for that. :applause:
 #110887  by CorBon

I hope that the people who were “concerned” aren’t hypocrites — meaning I hope that when things go wrong in their lives, they don’t pick up the telephone and demand that an armed person come out to help them.
 #110891  by Owen

:applause: Myoptic for keeping, on keeping on!

Whenever I am asked why I am carrying I usually say "for just in case. You wear your seat belt right? You probably also have a fire extinguisher."