You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #583  by myopicvisionary

April 22nd, 2008
OC'd at Zingo's grocery store. Spent a good deal of time at the deli counter and conversed with several in line. Not an eyebrow was raised. As usual, I don't think anyone noticed the pistol.
 #589  by myopicvisionary

April 25th, 2008
Got gas at the Valero at Milltown/Limestone Rds. People too busy bitching about the price to notice my Kimber. Had supper at the Crossroads restaurant, no problems as usual.
 #625  by myopicvisionary

April 29th, 2008
Drove to Zingo's to pickup some things for supper. As usual, no problems. After supper, I walked down to the Speedy Gas station to pick up a bottle of soda. The concern is for the apartments on the other side of Kirkwood Highway behind Pizza Hut. Many of the denizens of Dogpath flow out of the apartments and over the highway to our side. While in the gas station, I notice several of the above. They noticed me, noticing them. They they saw it. Surprisingly, they stopped hemming and hawing around the candy rack and quietly left the store. Both the walk to and from the store itself was uneventful.
 #638  by myopicvisionary

April 30th, 2008
Checked out the new Phillipine Bread House. The lady at the counter was nice and said nothing about my pistol. Then off to Lowes for parts to complete a plumbing repair. Either they don't care or don't notice.
 #653  by myopicvisionary

May 2nd, 2008
Went to the Rite-Aid by Shue School on Kirkwood Hwy. Was there in line to pick up a prescription. One guy noticed my Kimber and merely nodded. Up to Zingo's for some groceries with no notice as usual. Bought some cargo shorts at K-mart across from Goldey Beacom college. Waited in line with a bunch of ladies without incident.
 #672  by myopicvisionary

May 3rd, 2008
Ate breakfast at Denny's on 273. I sat at the counter so I know alot of people saw in including staff. Nobody said a thing. I went to Naamco in the University Plaza. I had to go around a drunk who was throwing up in a trash can at 1100hrs! The staff was watching through the front window at this slob. Seeing that he had a 40oz in a paper bag, I asked them if they called 911. They said "Why"? I told them "Because public intoxication is against the law and this guy could be a hazard to other patrons". The manager said "Yeah, I better call". The cashier asked me about my gun as if I was a cop. I told her I wasn't but that I carry due to situations that start out like this. I explained how parking lots are becoming very dangerous places. After that, I got what I came in the store for. No other comments from the staff. They seemed cool about it, just unknowing. After that; you guessed it, off to Lowes. I was in there about an hour and again not one look askew!
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #673  by Mr. Bruce

Yeah I go to Lowes a lot too. There IS one guy who works there that gives me disgusted dirty looks sometimes........
 #678  by myopicvisionary

May 4th, 2008
Aside from visiting the ranges today, I had lunch at Hooters. As before, no problem at all. I also stopped in to the Walmart at the 13/40 split. Nobody noticed. On the way home to do the daily chores, I stopped at Zingo's to hit up the deli counter. Very crowded and no reaction from anyone.
 #683  by Mr. Bruce

I've seen the guy mainly on the side where the garden center is, but never in one dept. I'll try to get a name next time I see him.