You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
  by myopicvisionary

March 16th, 2008
I open carried my Kimber .45ACP today. I left the house and walked through the neighborhood to the Speedy Gas station. I entered the store and the owner; who seems to live there, recognized me and bid me good morning. Several patrons saw my sidearm but showed no reaction. After using the ATM, I strode across Kirkwood Highway to the Dunkin Donuts. I stood in line waiting to be served with no reactions from anyone. I placed my order and waited for my breakfast sandwich and coffee. The whole time there were no acknowledgement of my armed status. Now when I got my order and sat down to eat, I noticed something strange. There was an order of hash browns in the bag that I did not order. Returning to the counter to let them know about the error, the clerk seemed to be waiting for me. Before I could finish my sentence, he said that they were free! So I said "Thank you" and sat down to eat. Was I a random customer that they gave a free sample to? Or was it because I was carrying a pistol in their establishment? Was it to appease me, though I don't know why? Perhaps he merely acknowledged that I was a good guy and bid me to return? On the return walk home I was passed by numerous people, none of which paid any notice.
  by myopicvisionary

March 25th, 2008
OC'd to the Lowes across from X-Ring Supply. Absolutely no reaction from anyone in the building. I'm not sure if anyone even noticed that I was carrying.
  by Mr. Bruce

I had same experience there.
  by myopicvisionary

March 26th, 2008
OC'd at the Costco next to the Christiana Mall. I went all over the store to do my shopping. If anyone noticed my pistol, I couldn't tell. I even ran into my nephew at the checkout. If he saw it, he didn't bat an eye!
  by myopicvisionary

March 27th, 2008
OC'd in Lowes again. No reaction from anyone whatsoever. A visit to the pharmacy in Happy Harry's (Walgreens) next to Deerfield was uneventful. During a quick stop to McDonalds at Route 4 and Harmony Road, one employee saw it but nothing was said.
  by myopicvisionary

March 29th, 2008
OC'd today for lunch at Hooters on Rte 40. When I was almost done my meal, the manager came up and said " I assume you are a police officer". I told him "No, I'm not". He went on to say that if I was I would get a discount. I told him I appreciated that, yet no comment was made about me being armed. The ladies said "Come back soon" as I left. After lunch I strolled through the flea market at the Farmer's Market. Nothing was said and only the occasional second glance. Uneventful.
  by myopicvisionary

April 3rd, 2008
OC'd alot today. I went to the AT&T store at Prices Corner. I was in there for close to an hour getting new phones for the family. Nobody batted an eye and I felt very comfortable with these people. Later I had supper at the Crossroads restaurant at Kirkwood Hwy. & Limestone Rd. I was alone so I sat at the counter. The counter is shaped like an "L" so a group of six seniors sat in a line perpendicular to my gun side. No commentary at all. Oh and the food is good too! After that, I spent a half an hour in the Ogletown Lowes. As usual, uneventful. The only hitch I had was my first stop of the day. I went to my barbershop in the Brookside shopping center. The barbers are cool; especially Lisa, but I realized as I parked, that my pistol would be concealed by the sheet as my hair is cut. So I secured my pistol in the car which was parked just outside the door where I could keep an eye on it. Yeah, I could have worn it and kept the sheet clear from my right side but I didn't want to risk it this first time OCing there.
  by radnor

myopicvisionary wrote:Hooters
Is the the place for the next OC meeting?????? :D
  by Wynder

radnor wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:Hooters
Is the the place for the next OC meeting?????? :D
Hah! It's actually way too loud in there. For the May get together we'll put up a poll. ;p
  by myopicvisionary

I went at 11:05 right after they opened. There were two other people at the counter. The crowd didn't come in until just after 12:00. Go to Ommelanden at 9:00, shoot for an hour and a half. Clean up/pack up at 10:30 then off to the Orange Shack!