You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #109473  by Sinker

Good response! It might have been fun to snap a pic of her and her license plate too. She probably wouldn't sleep for a few night.
 #109474  by CorBon

The mindset of people like that is fascinating, at least to me. The belief is that you are a somewhat mentally unbalanced criminal walking around the store with a weapon, and their purpose of following you is to gather evidence of your actions. Now, if I was that woman, I'd be like "man, this place is about to be a crime scene" -- and just leave. The cart would still be sitting in the aisle. The children would be saying "we're out of cereal," and I would be saying "shut up, I'm still alive, now go to your rooms -- and don't eat the lead paint chips."

The thought that their Ninja skills are horrible, and that a real bad-guy may take offense to their actions never enters their innocent little minds.
 #109477  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:"Hi, my name is John. I noticed your interest in me but alas, I am taken. But you made my day, showing me that I still 'got it'. Thank you so much, have a glorious day!" The look on her face was epic!
I love every part of this. :lol:
 #109481  by myopicvisionary

January 25th, 2017

I went to the blood bank for my 60 day siphoning. As always, the staff is excellent and have no qualms about the big 1911 on my hip. All was well until the canteen where you have to stay for fifteen minutes after donating. I barely cracked open my soda when another donor who had been giving me the stink-eye asked me if I was a cop.

On cue, I responded "No, I am trucker. Do you need police assistance? The number to call is 911."

Visibly slowed, he countered with "Well, why are you carrying a gun in the blood bank?"

I replied, "I am not carrying a gun because I am in the blood bank. I am carrying here because I was already carrying my sidearm when I left the house."

"Well, why are you carrying it at all? That's dangerous!"

"It is only dangerous to those who may attempt to cause violence upon me or my loved ones."

At this point, three other donors in the canteen who were passively listening are now actively hanging on the conversation. The instigator now proclaims that in all his 45 years he never had need to protect himself from criminals. Now the blood bank staff member at the canteen desk is leaning in to hear.

"I am happy to hear that that evil has never landed at your feet. I pray that it never does. I myself have witnessed it happening though. Twice in my life I have had to draw my weapon to fend off criminal intent. Fortunately; in both cases, the threats though it better to alter their plans and fled."

"Well, I still don't think you should carry a gun around."

"Why? Do you feel it is better that I am harmed lest some criminal be hurt? Is that it? Is my life not worth protecting? Would you find it more acceptable if my wife had not defended herself by shooting the serial rapist that attacked her? Well?

The elitist sat there stammering as the other donors started up an intelligent conversation with me on the subject.

In the midst of this, the staffer commented "A blond woman donates here and carries a pistol as well. Nice lady'"
 #109483  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:.... The instigator now proclaims that in all his 45 years he never had need to protect himself from criminals.
Well, that's very nice for him, but doesn't he pay attention to the news? :roll:
 #109485  by DMac

Beautiful Myopic, just beautiful.
 #109493  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:
In the midst of this, the staffer commented "A blond woman donates here and carries a pistol as well. Nice lady'"
No idea who she means. ;) Image
 #109494  by Amy Blackthorn

Boots wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:.... The instigator now proclaims that in all his 45 years he never had need to protect himself from criminals.
Well, that's very nice for him, but doesn't he pay attention to the news? :roll:
Exactly. Two fifteen year old boys were busted robbing people at gun point inside the movie theater.