You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #110763  by Willsavage01

I recently purchased a handgun at a local store and ordered the holster online separately. The holster has yet to be delivered to me. Is it illegal to carry a handgun on your waist/hip without a holster even if the pistol grip is clearly visible, or is it required by law to have your handgun holstered to be considered "open carry?"
 #110766  by airman1968

For safety reasons I would not carry that way. There is no trigger protection, especially if you carry with one in the chamber and safety off.
 #110767  by NCC

While I agree, that is not what he asked.
 #110768  by Kuntryboy816

Many people have asked if it is okay to use an IWB holster for OC to which the answer has always been no. I believe that this info was relayed to us by the AG or through the AG's office. In light of that, I would err on the side of caution and say that carrying an unholstered pistol in the same manner would also not be considered legal. Apologies, I have no reference material to back that up for you.

What type of pistol and what type of handgun? For immediate needs of carrying legally, I would get a cheap nylon holster to use in the interim or a better solution would be a holster such as a Blackhawk Serpa or the like that you can pick up asap and locally. Contact Viper98 on here or through his Facebook page @Federal Firearm. You won't find a better shop or service around!!
 #110769  by dave_in_delaware

Willsavage01 wrote:... Is it illegal to carry a handgun on your waist/hip without a holster even if the pistol grip is clearly visible, or is it required by law to have your handgun holstered to be considered "open carry?"
This might be a moot point by now, but...

I'm really not sure how you'd carry your handgun on your waist/hip without a holster. I would think that you'd want the firearm to be controlled and secure on your person as well as open.

What sort of no holster carry method were you envisioning with your question?
 #110770  by NCC

No being cantankerous or anything, but where there is a will there is a way. Kel-Tec and Ruger offer these.

Also, available here:
https://www.clipdraw.com/product/univer ... emi-autos/

Disclaimer: I do not carry this way nor am I advocating it. The fella merely asked us if this was legal. I do not know, but I do know HOW he can do it. Mexican carry is not advised as half of it is concealed in your pants.