You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #31880  by cappilot06

Congrats on your first OC as well!!! Sorry I didn't get so say hi earlier, but Hello and welcome anyway!!
 #31896  by Jacques

radnor wrote:Good job on your 1st OC. The "sign" gets smaller and smaller with time.
Eventually, it disappears... I was in a WSFS Bank and another patron stopped me and said, "I like your (NRA) hat..."
My reply was, "OK, do you like what goes with it?" Basically turning the neon light on...
He said, "Ummm, nice shirt?"
"You didn't see my Sig Sauer P229?"
"Holy Sh!t! That's cool!"
 #31898  by Amy Blackthorn

Ken_in_Bear wrote:
radnor wrote:Good job on your 1st OC. The "sign" gets smaller and smaller with time.
Eventually, it disappears... I was in a WSFS Bank and another patron stopped me and said, "I like your (NRA) hat..."
My reply was, "OK, do you like what goes with it?" Basically turning the neon light on...
He said, "Ummm, nice shirt?"
"You didn't see my Sig Sauer P229?"
"Holy Sh!t! That's cool!"
that's great!!!
 #31978  by DragonJames

myopicvisionary wrote:
Just be very careful on that road...next thing you know you're in MD.
Thankfully, the turn around at Dunkin Donuts is on our side!

u know...if that maryland sign (and line) was about 1,000 feet further up that road.....id still be in delaware, and i curse that line everytime i cross it and have to lock up what ever I have on me in the bac of the truck.........just to drive another 500-750 feet to my house :banghead:
 #32156  by Amy Blackthorn

OC Entry #2. First solo mission!

I headed out to Costco solo. I was a little nervous about going it solo, not because of the firearm, but because most of the OCers I know either are or were LEOs. I figured they didn't get hassled because they 'looked the part'. I look NOTHING like a cop.

I had misplaced my Costco card, so I went right up to the service desk, exchanged pleasantries with the women working the desk, asked to get a copy made. They smiled, took my picture, handed me my new card and off I went on my shopping. No visual "notice".

During my visit (during which I stopped and watched a VitaMix demo for a few) I saw two or three people notice, but no gasps, horrified stares or comments.

I again stopped in the Suburban Plaza Acme on the way home. No stares, or comments. The sign is getting much smaller.

I wish Christiana Mall didn't have the attitude they did. I work in the mall, and often close the store for the night. I frequently do the money drops, and on the way out of the building, I have to walk down a long dark alley, with all too few lights. The door into the alley is a blind corner, so there are plenty of places for "bad guys" to jump the girls leaving for the night. I walk my co-workers to their cars, to make sure they get in okay. They don't know I have a tactical flashlight (with two crown bezels, one for each end) in one hand, and a 'as long as legally allowed' pocket knife in the other hand. Turns out the knife tactics and disarming practice I did in black belt class have come in more handy that I ever thought.
It would be nice to be able to exercise my rights while at work as well.

Edit to add: I felt much more comfortable with the DELOC carry brochures in my pocket.
 #32173  by Tony T

Atta' Girl!! :D

Walk softly, but carry a big stick.
 #32183  by myopicvisionary

tactical flashlight (with two crown bezels, one for each end)
SureFire E2D LED Defender?
 #32204  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:
tactical flashlight (with two crown bezels, one for each end)
SureFire E2D LED Defender?
Nope, though that is on my list. My husband and I just happened to be in Costco, and they had a two pack of "tactical flash lights" for $20. I've purchased the E2D for my brother in law who's a MSP LEO. (I got him his off duty weapon for an Academy graduation gift as well.)

This had "momentary" setting, low and high intensity LED, as well as emergency flasher, low battery indicator light, two crown bezels and retention strap. Until I find Surefire and mag holder I want, I'm not going to spend the money for something that could "go missing". The jacket gets left in my store room at work. While I love and trust my co-workers, my jacket could get dropped, smooshed, etc accidentally.

And those bezels are SHARP. :D
 #32208  by Amy Blackthorn

OC Entry #3.

Matt and I went to dinner with Ted (OFT) and J. Texas Roadhouse. :) Since I check the meeting places log, i knew they were OC friendly, so Matt and I both OC'd.

A few 'mom' types visibly noticed, but weren't shocked or offended...

Afterward the four of us decided to go see Hot Tub Time Machine.

Matt and I knew about their rules about carrying. So mags went in glove box and my Sig and his HK went into the trunk. We rearmed as soon as we were back out.

I didn't expect it to be that funny. The entire theater was cracking up. Mindless fun.