You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #33661  by Amy Blackthorn

So this afternoon, I OC'd to Panera on the way to work.

I waited patiently in line for my turn and no one :shock: around me.

I was starting to think that no one noticed, (black on black and all) when I arrive at the front of the line and the guy who was running the register.

He actually grabbed the female manager and asked her to take my order. "PLEASE..." I'm guessing it was meant to be subtle but he missed the mark. (pun intended).

I gave him what my boss calls my "Coke and a smile" smile. "Is there a problem?" He gave me a panicked half smile and his voice actually wavered when he said, "No, not at all. :oops: What can I get for you?"

I like to think that I can do a pretty good job of looking non-threatening when I like, especially in my work clothes, but this kid really looked like he was going to :censored: his pants.

I guess I haven't yet grasped that there are going to be people who are too afraid of my firearm to want to see the person behind it.
 #33663  by Mr.Skellington

A wavering voice and a timid half smile huh?

Maybe it wasn't your gun making him nervous.

Maybe he was afraid to talk to you because he's a prepubescent boy who hasn't mustered the courage to talk to women yet? :lol:
 #33664  by Amy Blackthorn

Mr.Skellington wrote:A wavering voice and a timid half smile huh?

Maybe it wasn't your gun making him nervous.

Maybe he was afraid to talk to you because he's a prepubescent boy who hasn't mustered the courage to talk to women yet? :lol:
You could be on to something I suppose. I stink at being able to pick that stuff up. :)
 #33666  by myopicvisionary

Let's see, hottie with a gun walks in and inadvertently jumpstarts the clerk's puberty. He probably had to evade your gaze because he found himself... um, physically glad to see you? Check his reaction the next to you go there.
 #33668  by radnor

myopicvisionary wrote:... um, physically glad to see you?
I was going to go there but, you covered it. :lol:
 #33674  by Amy Blackthorn

You guys are great for a girl's self image! ;)

The "large breasted female with a firearm" angle didn't even occur to me.

He did have to compose himself, and then he came over to the food prep area and made my order himself.
 #33679  by myopicvisionary

"Large breasted"!?
I was just going by your pretty avatar!
Plus, your husband gets to give the guy the "Forget it loser, she with me" look.