You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #111303  by Amy Blackthorn

Just renewed my PTLTCF in and out in under twenty minutes. There was a line when I left though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #111304  by Trapper

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Just renewed my PTLTCF in and out in under twenty minutes. There was a line when I left though.

Glad it went smoothly. Did you renew at Lancaster?

I’m going up to Reading on the first to renew.
 #111305  by Amy Blackthorn

Trapper wrote:
Amy Blackthorn wrote:Just renewed my PTLTCF in and out in under twenty minutes. There was a line when I left though.

Glad it went smoothly. Did you renew at Lancaster?

I’m going up to Reading on the first to renew.
I did indeed go to Lancaster Co to renew. We chatted about wine, my upcoming book tour and my joy at the number of states that my PALTCF will allow me to protect myself in that a mere DECCDW will not.

#111328  by Amy Blackthorn

I had something happen FrIday. Something told me to open carry instead of concealed. I was running in Staples (4&72) and it’s not a great neighborhood. (Not awful either. Let’s face it, if I thought I would need my gun I wouldn’t be going). It was just before closing (9pm) and I was the last one out. I spotted a guy waiting just outside my peripheral vision (there was no one there on my way in) as they locked the door behind me. He pushed off the wall to try to walk up on my right side and when my right arm stilled he saw the XD on my side and took a 90 degree turn and started walking toward a deserted grocery store parking lot. Scary. Got in my SUV, locked the doors and motored out.

Situational awareness wins the day again.

https://amyblackthorn.com
 #111329  by airman1968

:applause: I call that a WIN....
 #111330  by dave_in_delaware

I've had the mere sight of my holstered XD make a group of shady individuals do a 180 on more than one occasion.

Carrying can also save your life without needing to pull the trigger.
 #111333  by Amy Blackthorn

dave_in_delaware wrote:I've had the mere sight of my holstered XD make a group of shady individuals do a 180 on more than one occasion.

Carrying can also save your life without needing to pull the trigger.
Not The first time, probably won’t be the last time, but I’m sure glad I wasn’t having to spend the night in jail.

https://amyblackthorn.com
 #112432  by Amy Blackthorn

I’m open carrying more often with the craziness, with a back up gun concealed. I’ve had more friends than ever asking how to buy a gun and how to carry a gun than ever before. People who never understood before do all of a sudden.
 #112433  by Owen

Winning! :pbjtime:
 #112434  by NCC

Indeed Amy. Read a few articles on all the huge gun sales lately. I'd like to think it may make people rethink who they will vote for after plunking down $500+ for a gun. Be a waste of money to have to turn it in next year.