You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #109496  by Amy Blackthorn

Woman gets in line behind me at Suburban Acme yesterday. It's the only Lane open as the store is readying to close. This aging yuppie is wondering aloud why she has to wait in line like everyone else when she sees my XD.
"Oh, this is gonna be good," I think.

She starts gesturing with her eyes, not at all subtly, to the cashier. Who plays dumb and gives her a smile and a nod.
They go back and forth for a few seconds while I try not to laugh.

She never says a word to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #109500  by Kuntryboy816

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should've asked her if she was practicing some sort of tantric eye exercise to strengthen her 3rd eye chakra or something!
 #109502  by myopicvisionary

There's a lot of the stink-eye going around lately!
 #109515  by Amy Blackthorn

Kuntryboy816 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should've asked her if she was practicing some sort of tantric eye exercise to strengthen her 3rd eye chakra or something!
Dude. I am so going to do that. In my 'Sarah Starshine' voice.
 #109516  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:There's a lot of the stink-eye going around lately!
Indeed. The employees have told me on more than one occasion that they are happy I'm in the store as often as I am because it makes them feel safer. They aren't gonna take any crap from some judgy lady they don't even know.

If you remember a few years ago the week after Sandy Hook the employees stood up to the general manager of the store for me. Not that I needed it. ;)
 #109543  by Amy Blackthorn

Busy day open carrying.
1. Moe's they never have a problem.
2. The Container Store- some pearl clutching but no stink eye.
3. Starquest- I'm always met with, "Amy!" They sure know how to make a girl feel welcome.
4. Shake Shack- Never been here before. Kane and I got shakes. Good stuff. No one even blinked at my XD. Will totally go back.
5. Acme- not a peep. Not even mine and Beth's trademark banter. B: "Doan shoot nobody."
Me: "Not unless I have to. Too much paperwork." ;)

Good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #109557  by Kuntryboy816

It was good bumping into y'all on Saturday! :D
 #109560  by Amy Blackthorn

Kuntryboy816 wrote:It was good bumping into y'all on Saturday! :D
It's interesting, I always OC at the dealership. The service guys and I always talk guns and range time. The head of the service department, Tim, decided on my last visit he wanted to be one of the boys.

"So what do you do?"

Me: "Well I just signed the contract for my first book!"

Tim: What's it about?

Me: It's an encyclopedia of aromatherapy

Tim: /puzzled face
I can hear him trying to figure out why book = gun.
"Well my brother in law is a state cop."

Me: congrats. I worked with mostly Wilm PD at my last job. Head of Security for two high-rises in Wilmington.

Tim: /nods to himself as though that explains the firearm when the gun came before the security job. :lol:
 #109574  by Owen

Aromas huh? I can totally see that.

Hodgon H110 smells kind of funky but the smell of freshly burnt Winchester WSF always puts me in a good mood!

:lol:
 #109580  by Amy Blackthorn

Owen wrote:Aromas huh? I can totally see that.

Hodgon H110 smells kind of funky but the smell of freshly burnt Winchester WSF always puts me in a good mood!

:lol:
Lol

I stopped by Zoe's to decide how I felt about their "No open carry" policy. I got there and no sign. I went in and ordered like always. Nothing was said and I ate my chicken kabobs and wished everyone an ice evening as always.