You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #36022  by photog

1) I honestly think that NO ONE, including the (lack of) security people really know what the fu :censored: ing policy is. I was told by security AND the D.S.P. during my encounter that their was no policy against OCing at the mall.

2) It's against policy to carry firearms in the mall, so says the small sign, but you can CC all you want. Am I missing something here??? Does the fact that I'm concealing mean there must be no guns around.... DUH!!!

3) I guess people would rather have the protection of the 70 year old rent-a-cop with the 4 ounce can of pepper spray. OOHHHHHH.. I'm scared!!! :o :o :o

For the record, I was there on Thursday with my wife and another couple, we went into the mall to look around while waiting for our table at Cheesecake Factory. Plenty of people say my S&W, but not one person yelled, screamed, cried or crawled under any tables or benches.

I think that maybe it's the "security guards" that are feeling insecure and out-gunned......
 #36023  by Mr.Skellington

photog wrote:1) I honestly think that NO ONE, including the (lack of) security people really know what the fu :censored: ing policy is. I was told by security AND the D.S.P. during my encounter that their was no policy against OCing at the mall.

2) It's against policy to carry firearms in the mall, so says the small sign, but you can CC all you want. Am I missing something here??? Does the fact that I'm concealing mean there must be no guns around.... DUH!!!

3) I guess people would rather have the protection of the 70 year old rent-a-cop with the 4 ounce can of pepper spray. OOHHHHHH.. I'm scared!!! :o :o :o

For the record, I was there on Thursday with my wife and another couple, we went into the mall to look around while waiting for our table at Cheesecake Factory. Plenty of people say my S&W, but not one person yelled, screamed, cried or crawled under any tables or benches.

I think that maybe it's the "security guards" that are feeling insecure and out-gunned......

Beyond the posted no firearms sign it hardly matters to me who else has a problem with it. The sign doesn't get there without the owner/operator of the mall's approval. I'll respect owners wishes and his/her sign by not going to that place for as long as that asinine policy is posted. Believe me when I blacklist a place its removed from my reality.

For the record the sign I saw didn't distinguish between OC or CC. It said firearms were prohibited. It was the Security supervisor who verbally contradicted the sign by stating that I could put my sidearm in my car or CC.
 #36024  by GatorDude

Either the sign or the policy is new because I've read at least 3 people on here OC'ing at the Mall w/o incident including right by security, etc.

The interpretation of the policy does shed some light on it though. They aren't afraid of guns, they are afraid of VISIBLE guns. Crazy, stupid policy.
 #36029  by wwd

Mr.Skellington wrote:I seldom go to that overpriced teeny-bop hangout anyway.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #36030  by WPCatfish

Mr.Skellington wrote: It was the Security supervisor who verbally contradicted the sign by stating that I could put my sidearm in my car or CC.

Put your sidearm in your car...in one of the worst places in NCCo for stolen vehicles, there's a good idea!
 #36146  by Amy Blackthorn

This is just :censored: ridiculous. One guy says the signs are being removed. (All but one of them have been already) the only sign left in the whole mall is in the least frequently used entrance. I worked in this mall almost a year, before even seeing the da...rn thing.

When you go to the security office to ask once and for all what a policy is, and the security guards who are supposed to "enforce' this crap, don't know what that policy IS how are they supposed to do their job?

If their Peckerton Detinctives (Thank you to my second favorite western for that one) can't even walk me to my car at night after closing up the mall, how do they expect the rest of their 'customers' to feel safe?

It's shameful to see these guys at the end of the night. They follow the girls in stilettos and miniskirts around like puppy dogs begging for a bone (pun intended) and the rest of the mall could burn for all they care.

I'll be happy to get the contact for Mall mgmt so that ALL the members of DELOC and anyone you've ever met, can email them to let them know your feelings on their 'policy'.

:censored: :censored:
 #36940  by Mr.Skellington

8-27-10
I finally went to Famous Daves. I got the family feast for two and it was fantastic.

A lil something like this...
 #36962  by fieldman

I was with ya until the booty shakin banana hammocks made their appearance :| .. must be some good stuff tho.. I've been wanting to go there since they opened. Will be up that way tomorrow.
 #55593  by Mr.Skellington

I've been CCing pretty regular lately but today was split between CC and OC. I switched to OC before taking the family out to the new Hibachi buffet on Kirkwood hwy near Kohls, YUM! It was very crowded but so was everywhere I went today. The only looks there were toward my wife. She wasn't carrying but a couple of slobs were trying to get her attention after I left our table to help the little one get some ice cream for dessert.

After dinner we took a trip to the Borders in Stanton to get some good 'going out of business' deals. Again no problems, looks or complaints.