You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #63860  by P2riquen

Another day of O.C.ing with no issues. I went to Goodwill on Kirkwood highway then off to Pathmark to do groceries. No big issues but I did get a couple of spock eyes and stares. I just smiled and continued on my way.
 #71716  by P2riquen

I went to Total Wine @ Kirkwood Hwy today. As I was shopping I had an employee ask me if I was a cop. I answered "No." He then proceeded to ask me if I had an "Open Carry Permit?"
I informed him that there is no permit needed for Open Carry in Delaware. He refused to believe me and told me he used to be a bail bondsman and that in the city of Newark you will be detained for disorderly conduct if you are caught carrying a weapon. I smiled and gave him a card with the website and told him to check us out, and that he would get a lot of good information in reference to open carry. He acknowledge that even though Open Carry may be legal, the Newark Police Dept. has their own agenda...(same as WPD.) :sparring: I told him " Yeah you will get that sometimes, but open carry is becoming more and more accepted, it is just a matter of people realizing and getting educated on the legalities. He said he would check us out....
I left with my purchase and with the feeling of educating and recruiting a new member...hopefully....we shall see.
 #71755  by myopicvisionary

The Newark ordinance was deleted several years ago. Now they simply follow state law. I have OCed in Total Wine for years now. Nobody has ever said anything about my sidearm.
 #71927  by P2riquen

Thank you Myopic,
I threw out the scenario of " Let's say I'm afraid of dogs and you are walking yours, I feel threatened about your dog, if I call the Police, can they arrest you for disorderly conduct?" I realize that some cops don't like the fact of citizens open carrying, but they still have to "obey" the law, regardless if they like it or not.
 #71932  by bluedog46

P2riquen wrote:Thank you Myopic,
I threw out the scenario of " Let's say I'm afraid of dogs and you are walking yours, I feel threatened about your dog, if I call the Police, can they arrest you for disorderly conduct?" I realize that some cops don't like the fact of citizens open carrying, but they still have to "obey" the law, regardless if they like it or not.
I agree there are plenty of things each of us dont like. Some we dont agree with each other on, but the second amendment is concrete. Part of me feels like if someone is "uncomfortable" because I have a gun they should just leave or deal with it. I see things I dont like.