You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #36496  by P2riquen

Another succesful O.C. It's getting to the point where I don't even notice it anymore. I went to the Goodwill on Kirkwood Highway and browsed around. As I was leaving I was approached by an older gentleman who then asked me "Are you a police officer?" I responded "No Sir. Just a regular civilian." He asked if I had a permit and I let him know, "Don't need one..I'm open carrying. It's legal in Delaware." I handed him my last DELOC pamphlet. He was surprised, I told him to keep it and to check out the website, he will get a lot of good info. I bid him a good day and put my "baby" on the dashboard of my car. The I stopped in at Appleby's right next door. Entered and was seated with no problem, seemed like no one actually noticed my firearm.I had a great lunch and left. All in all it was a good day!! ;)
 #36519  by wwd

P2riquen wrote:Another succesful O.C. It's getting to the point where I don't even notice it anymore. I went to the Goodwill on Kirkwood Highway and browsed around. As I was leaving I was approached by an older gentleman who then asked me "Are you a police officer?" I responded "No Sir. Just a regular civilian." He asked if I had a permit and I let him know, "Don't need one..I'm open carrying. It's legal in Delaware." I handed him my last DELOC pamphlet. He was surprised, I told him to keep it and to check out the website, he will get a lot of good info. I bid him a good day and put my "baby" on the dashboard of my car. The I stopped in at Appleby's right next door. Entered and was seated with no problem, seemed like no one actually noticed my firearm.I had a great lunch and left. All in all it was a good day!! ;)
This is excellent! So glad to read these experiences.
 #42665  by P2riquen

Went to Wall-Mart @ 141 yesterday to buy ammo. Could not find anyone on the floor to help in the sports dept. I walked about halfway throught he floor befor I found someone, a young lady. I told her I needed help in the sporting dept. She asked what I needed and when I responded I would like to buy some ammo her eyes drifted to my sidearm. She then said"I don't feel comfortable handling ammo,I'll call for someone to help you." I thought "Here we go! She's going to call LEO." About 2 min.later a young man came to me and asked"Can I help you?"
As he assisted me, he saw my sidearm and asked"Are you a cop?" I said "No." He asked "Why are you carrying a gun?" I told him "Because I like to be able to protect myself against people thinking of trying to make me a victim." He eyeballed me as if I was nuts. He said "I would never carry a gun. That's what the police are for." I smiled and said "O.K. well thanks for your help." Purchased the ammo and went home. Amazing that many people still have the mentality of police being bodyguards.
 #42671  by GatorDude

Perhaps you should have said "well...I hope that you are never faced with a situation where you have been attacked and are lying in a pool of your own blood waiting for the cops to show up. Of course, I hear they are good at drawing those chalk outlines of bodies."
 #42673  by myopicvisionary

Nice reply! I've carried many times there and bought .22LR ammo on numerous occasions without any commentary.
 #42678  by SugarBoy13

GatorDude wrote:Perhaps you should have said "well...I hope that you are never faced with a situation where you have been attacked and are lying in a pool of your own blood waiting for the cops to show up. Of course, I hear they are good at drawing those chalk outlines of bodies."
:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #43391  by P2riquen

Here's a good one! This is the second time I encountered a LEO. I went to the Shell station on Pennsylvania Ave Sat.morning, it was about 12:00 am. I went to get some snacks and usually at this time many people leaving the local bars go there for the morning chow. The person at the register has seen me there constantly and knows I open carry, he is comfortable with me.
As I am leaving I hear a voice yell out to me "Young man! Could you please step here." It was a city officer sitting in his vehicle. I went to him and said "Yes?" He asked me who I was with. I looked at him and answered "I'm by myself." He stated "you have a gun on your person". I responded "yes". He asked if I had a license and I responded "I have a Florida CCW,but since I am a resident of Delaware I open carry. It is legal in Delaware to do so." He acknowledged the fact but said " We have many rookies working that may not know,so for my safety and everyone else's safety, please cover that up." I said "No Sir! I cannot do that,that would be concealing and I do not have a license to conceal. I am on my way home now,so I will be off the streets." I let him know I have nothing but respect for Officers and told himm to have a good night/day. He shook my hand and wished me a good night/day and asked me to be safe.
I felt good,knowing my rights and the fact that this encounter went really good, but I have a feeling when it comes to O.C. the Wilmington Police need to be more informed.
 #43392  by GatorDude

I am always amused when they tell you to cover it up (seriously thinking that's a good thing) when, in fact, it would be a crime! Sometimes, you just want to say...."DUH!"
 #43397  by wwd

:applause: Great encounter.