You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #60769  by M.Brown

So a Delaware resident is not allowed to have a handgun in Maryland, unless your going to elk neck? Couldn't you tell an officer, that you went shooting before work? Or after for that matter. Let's be real there no way someone will be pulled over everyday.not trying to be hard headed, or a smart ass, just want to have my gun "IF" I needed it. If there is no way around this, I may need to look for a new job.
 #60781  by Boots

M.Brown wrote:So a Delaware resident is not allowed to have a handgun in Maryland, unless your going to elk neck? Couldn't you tell an officer, that you went shooting before work? Or after for that matter. Let's be real there no way someone will be pulled over everyday.not trying to be hard headed, or a smart ass, just want to have my gun "IF" I needed it. If there is no way around this, I may need to look for a new job.
Getting 'real' in MD means not having a gun in your car. If you do, it had better be unloaded and you had better be going directly to an authorized place where you can legally have it, and then directly home.

I sometimes shoot at Elk Neck, and that's the only time I go there willingly. Straight there, and then straight back. The PRMD, in my mind is just as bad as the PRNJ, just closer.
 #60786  by bmel17

M.Brown wrote:So a Delaware resident is not allowed to have a handgun in Maryland, unless your going to elk neck? Couldn't you tell an officer, that you went shooting before work? Or after for that matter. Let's be real there no way someone will be pulled over everyday.not trying to be hard headed, or a smart ass, just want to have my gun "IF" I needed it. If there is no way around this, I may need to look for a new job.
Hell, even MD residents aren't allowed to OC or transport weapons unless they're going to an activity that it lawful to carry at! So they sure as heck aren't going to let a DE resident either. An MD CCDW is nearly impossible to get for MD residents, even more so for non-residents.

Yeah a new job not in MD is what the doc is prescribing for this ailment! No one gets pulled over everyday, but you run the high risk of getting caught. doing so is a crime and I can't think of anyone here who would advocate breaking the law telling you "just don't get caught".

The only legal protection you have in MD is FOPA for transport through the state. If not travelling through, Local and State laws are what governs you while in that State at the time. Unfortunately, those laws suck in MD.

I feel your pain, as most of us here do. But DON'T do it! The only time I have a gun in MD is hunting or going to Elk Neck. I won't run the risk of getting a charge for an Elkton wally world run
 #60792  by Boots

bmel17 wrote:... I won't run the risk of getting a charge for an Elkton wally world run
Same here. I go the one in Middletown even though it's a bit farther.
 #60802  by georgie c

also remember the answers to any questions are as follows 1; am i being detained? 2; am i free to go now. 3; i do not consent to a search of my person or property. this will force a search warrent witch is going to be to much trouble for them to get if they dont have paobable cause
 #60804  by WPCatfish

Boots wrote:
bmel17 wrote:... I won't run the risk of getting a charge for an Elkton wally world run
Same here. I go the one in Middletown even though it's a bit farther.

I thought you did it to cheap out on the sales tax.
 #60808  by Mr.Skellington

DE gov prefers having out of state shoppers business here and seems to have an unwritten rule to not mess with cars with out of state plates to keep them coming back. I believe that MD, NJ and other places have an opposite view that if you ticket a car from another state they are much less likely to drive to the courthouse in east jibibt to contest a ticket so its easy money for them. That may encourage them to stop out of state cars more often.

One way is the carrot and the other is the stick... as in they're gonna stick it to ya and as far as it'll fit if they catch you with firearm.
 #60811  by Boots

WPCatfish wrote:
Boots wrote:Same here. I go the one in Middletown even though it's a bit farther.
I thought you did it to cheap out on the sales tax.
:shock: Okay, who told on me?
 #60823  by M.Brown

Now I live in Middletown and have been to a lot of places there, but I was told wal mart is a no no. I think I read an article here about a situation. I try to tread lightly anyway, people are very quick to judge someone who has dreads to their ass and tattoos. Just sayin. When I first moved here it was cold , I went to get an electrical job, with a knit hat on. The guy hired me quick, the next day I show up with no hat, he smiles and says " you got me huh" I just smiled and shrugged.lol
 #60824  by NormH3

M.Brown wrote:Now I live in Middletown and have been to a lot of places there, but I was told wal mart is a no no. I think I read an article here about a situation. I try to tread lightly anyway, people are very quick to judge someone who has dreads to their ass and tattoos. Just sayin. When I first moved here it was cold , I went to get an electrical job, with a knit hat on. The guy hired me quick, the next day I show up with no hat, he smiles and says " you got me huh" I just smiled and shrugged.lol
"and the sign said long haired hippy freaks need not apply, so I tucked my hair up under my hat and went in to ask him why..He said you look like a fine young man..I think you will do..so I took off my hat and said "Imagine that...me workin' for you."

Ok..I couldnt resist..old song from my younger years. Did it from memory..so any apologies for butchering the lyric. :)