You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #47096  by rmalec

:applause: :applause:
 #60730  by M.Brown

Need to start posting more, I've been carrying pretty much everyday that I'm in Delaware. And by that I mean, I work in Maryland, so I DON'T carry on days I go to work. Which stinks because that is most of the time. Or at least 4times a week.
 #60732  by dave_in_delaware

Don't worry. I stopped posting the same stuff every day in my log. Same places. Same results. New places. Same results.

After a while, it just repeats itself over and over and over.....
 #60733  by bmel17

get your MD CCDW! :kuku:

I kid, I kid!
 #60736  by M.Brown

bmel17 wrote:get your MD CCDW! :kuku:

I kid, I kid!
. Lol, do they even have a ccdw? I think It's a myth.lol.
 #60740  by M.Brown

Let's say I wanted to be able to carry my firearm before work, and after work. Would putting my Xd in a case (like the kind they come in ) behind my seat, with the ammo in the glove compartment be ok? As some of you know I drive a truck. There is no lock on the glove compartment. I heard some one say once to get a safe. But why not a case behind the seat? I would technically only be going to work, where my boss wouldn't care if I brought it in.
 #60751  by jslacker

dave_in_delaware wrote:Don't worry. I stopped posting the same stuff every day in my log. Same places. Same results. New places. Same results.

After a while, it just repeats itself over and over and over.....
+1
 #60756  by astro_wanabe

M.Brown wrote:Let's say I wanted to be able to carry my firearm before work, and after work. Would putting my Xd in a case (like the kind they come in ) behind my seat, with the ammo in the glove compartment be ok? As some of you know I drive a truck. There is no lock on the glove compartment. I heard some one say once to get a safe. But why not a case behind the seat? I would technically only be going to work, where my boss wouldn't care if I brought it in.
I Am Not A Lawyer. Delaware law doesn't care if the handgun is loaded or unloaded, only that it can't be concealed while "on or about" your person without a CCDW. If you have a CCDW then you're covered. If you don't have a CCDW then you could either
1)Open Carry (100% unconcealed, such as on the dash or passenger seat) or
2)Put it somewhere that a court won't think is "on or about" your person. The court will determine that based on how accessible the handgun is, so I'd recommend putting the handgun in a case in the bed of your pickup where there's no chance of you being able to reach it.

Dover has a special requirement that you need a CCDW to carry there at all, so if you need to pass through Dover's city limits and don't have one Open Carry isn't an option. Also if you need to cross a state line then you have to respect the laws of both states.
 #60760  by Boots

M.Brown wrote:Let's say I wanted to be able to carry my firearm before work, and after work. Would putting my Xd in a case (like the kind they come in ) behind my seat, with the ammo in the glove compartment be ok? As some of you know I drive a truck. There is no lock on the glove compartment. I heard some one say once to get a safe. But why not a case behind the seat? I would technically only be going to work, where my boss wouldn't care if I brought it in.
Since your work is in MD, the answer is a big NO, you cannot.

If you leave DE with your gun for a destination in MD you are committing a crime, so leave your gun at home.
 #60766  by bmel17

Boots wrote:
Since your work is in MD, the answer is a big NO, you cannot.

If you leave DE with your gun for a destination in MD you are committing a crime, so leave your gun at home.
Boots is correct. Unless you work at Elk Neck (range) or happen to be going there. Or have a long gun that you are actually going to hunt with. Other than that, leave the gun at home