You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #62174  by Lascivious1

ocPX4 wrote:Its been a while since my last visit and log. While I still occasionally OC in NCC I can't often carry in Kent because I'm mostly in the Dover area. However, that will change in the very near future as I'm going to finally get my CCW this year. I feel that I'm now well practiced and feel that I'm ready to carry on a daily basis.

Most of my OC experiences are pretty uneventful. However, I recently had an interesting OC experience. I responded to a local online ad via email and decided to meet this person for a potential purchase. We agreed to meet in a shopping plaza where there was plenty of traffic and people roaming around. I arrived early to scope the location and wait for the seller. When he arrived, he checked me out and I could see him also checking out the meeting place. We both nodded to each other and exited our vehicles. He immediately noticed me OCing as I was introducing myself. We shook hands and he took out the merchandise. I checked it out and liked it and we negotiated the price. I handed him the cash to count and he accepted payment. He then asked me if I was a cop. I told him I was not and he asked me if I had a permit. I politely informed him that a permit was not necessary in DE for open carry. He made a joke about me carrying to protect myself from the craigslist killer and I suggested that he should have done the same. We chatted for a few more minutes about how its a pain to get a permit in DE and I suggested to him that he should exercise his rights with OCing especially if he meets strangers off of the internet responding to ads. I briefly told him where he could and could not OC in DE and told him to do a bit of research. We both thanked each other for the business and got into our vehicles and drove off.

I can only hope that in the future he also decides to OC. He is a gun owner and it's not doing him a lot of good in a high risk scenario when it is at home locked in a safe.
I'm actually shocked that a gun owner in Dleaware doesnt know the law. as soon as i bought my first pistol i found out i could OC. since i wanted to know the law about it and where i could take it to shoot.