You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #53331  by dean

I've been OCing but I'm usually too lazy to post about it since nothing notable ever really happens.

Went to Byler's earlier for some groceries and my daily ice cream fix. I'd picked up some blue cheese but for some reason none of the packaged blue cheeses had price tags on them so my cashier had to look it up. The girl cashier behind me said that she'd better get the price on my blue cheese because I was carrying a gun. :lol:
 #53334  by WPCatfish

dean wrote:I've been OCing but I'm usually too lazy to post about it since nothing notable ever really happens.

Went to Byler's earlier for some groceries and my daily ice cream fix. I'd picked up some blue cheese but for some reason none of the packaged blue cheeses had price tags on them so my cashier had to look it up. The girl cashier behind me said that she'd better get the price on my blue cheese because I was carrying a gun. :lol:

Rt 8 or Harrington?
 #53356  by George

dean wrote:8. the original Bylers :P

One of my favorite places to shop.
the origional bylers (1970s) on rt 8 was closer to pearsons corner and on the other side of the road, danm i'm old
 #53377  by WPCatfish

dean wrote:8. the original Bylers :P

One of my favorite places to shop.
I was never sure if they were considered to be 'Dover' or not. Good to know the next time I pick up a $1 ice cream cone!
 #53384  by dean

Dover doesn't start until around where the billboard is on rt 8 at that mulching business.

Byler's was going to open at resturant at their route 8 location but got screwed on zoning or something. That's a shame, that would have been a great place to eat methinks.

I'm not that old as to remember a Byler's closer to pearson's but I do remember when I was a kid and there was not a traffic light there :P
 #54545  by dean

Right now:100°F
Feels Like: 106°

Just biked 20 miles in 1 hour and 45 minutes.
I wear my gun in cross-draw position on my left when biking so my firearm is easily visible.
It was a pretty uneventful and hot ride. I did release the snap on my holster once when a large dog with more bark than bite ran up to me. I put my bike between the dog and myself and walked until it lost interest and then got back on. Noticed a helicopter circling my property repeatedly when I was returning home. Checked the news to see if the authorities were currently looking for anyone. The closest thing I could find was related to a robbery in Smyrna.
 #54554  by myopicvisionary

Nice presence of mind to put the bike between you and the dog.
 #55258  by dean

Was gassing up at Pearson's Corner this afternoon. Older woman asked me if she should be worried that I'm carrying a gun. Told her she had nothing to worry about and that I carry wherever I go (when possible). Got kind of a condescending 'okay?' from her.

When she drove away I noticed she had MD tags.
:pointlaugh:
 #55260  by JägerMatthias

Ah well. Next time try this:

Woman: "Should I be worried that you're carrying a gun?"

You: "I only shoot people who ask too many questions."

:twisted: