You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #57386  by radnor

I would print them out and keep them with the mags.

Dont need your stones crushed by a cop who doesn't .....
 #57389  by myopicvisionary

All the MD LEOs I have talked to still operate under the mindset that loaded mags are illegal unless you have a MD CCDW. Why risk a boatload of grief?
 #57403  by frdfandc

myopicvisionary wrote:All the MD LEOs I have talked to still operate under the mindset that loaded mags are illegal unless you have a MD CCDW. Why risk a boatload of grief?

Because it's the same principle as if you were under grief from a Delaware LEO (NCC,State,etc) about open carry.
 #57414  by myopicvisionary

Unless you have a MD CCDW you cannot carry anyway. So what is the point in having a loaded magazine?
 #57416  by frdfandc

All I have to do is make sure that the ammunition is secured separately from the fire arm before I cross back into MD or before crossing into MD. I use an ammo box with a lock on it and it's located in the bed of the truck under a locked tonneau cover. Gun stays inside.

It is a PITA to do so though. So I don't OC into DE everyday.
 #57432  by Boots

radnor wrote:
Boots wrote:I've heard before that in PRMD a loaded magazine is the same as a loaded gun and can get you arrested.

More info here...
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 73410.html
Boots,

Old info. Posts from 2004.

Discussed here http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/1508 ... age-2.html My post #14 2 PDFs from the AG.
I knew my link was from 2004 but I included it because it was representative of what I had heard.

However, thanks for the updated info you posted! Unloading and then reloading my mags in order to go to the Elk Neck shooting range was a big PITA, and I'm glad to hear I can skip that step. :mrgreen:
 #57612  by frdfandc

Yesterday Oct 24th I carried again. Opening the store it's nice to have a little peace of mind when making a deposit. But I must be vigilant in my observation of others.

Stopped at Pure Bread next to Home Depot across from the Hospital for a Sunrise Sandwich with Sausage and Bacon. Yummy. None of the staff said a thing or even reacted like I was carrying. I think I got the Spock eye from another customer as I was walking out. He was talking a little loudly about one of Sundays football games, but lowered his voice as I walked by.

Today, the 25th, opened the store again. So another deposit to be made. Just another uneventful day.
 #58581  by frdfandc

Well, since the DELOC meeting, I've been open carrying almost every day, minus my trip down to Charlotte last weekend.

Been to Rite Aid on RT4, Wawa, TD Bank, Game Stop, Exxon on 896, and Acme at Suburban Plaza just to name a few. I did get the spoke eye when I went to get lunch at Deerhead Hotdogs by the hospital by an older gentleman while I was waiting for my food. His wife didn't even notice.

Other than that, not nary an issue.