You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #66846  by Mirlen

Fishhunter911 wrote:Do you carry there often? Ever have any contact at all while there?
Haven't been there in a while. I carry just about everywhere that is legal and take the horror stories with a grain of salt. If they ask me to leave I will of course do so, perhaps asking if I could speak to the manager but in general I just don't worry about things and go about my business since I am not doing anything illegal.
 #66850  by Boots

Fishhunter911 wrote:... I have been trying to convince the wife to let our membership lapse based on the anti stance Costco has. ....
I think you should continue buying at Costco. If management asks you to leave because of your OCing, then cancel your membership on the spot and ask for a refund of the unused part of your membership.

JMHO, YMMV. :D
 #67686  by Mirlen

Boots wrote:
Fishhunter911 wrote:... I have been trying to convince the wife to let our membership lapse based on the anti stance Costco has. ....
I think you should continue buying at Costco. If management asks you to leave because of your OCing, then cancel your membership on the spot and ask for a refund of the unused part of your membership.

JMHO, YMMV. :D
I would cancel, but the wife would disapprove as it satisfies her cheese needs unfortuantely. Me, I'd rather just have BJ's and ditch Costco. Was there Saturday with the wife and the Warehouse manager stopped me and asked me to secure it or leave, was nice about it and I requested the written policy. While they were getting that I secured it in my vehicle and went back in to get the paper which basically said they have a no exceptions no firearms policy and if I did not agree, I could get a FULL refund, note, FULL refund is listed on that sheet, not pro-rated/partial/whatever, so tempted...

OC'd to the Leslie's pool store for some acid, no issues, and one other store in that shopping center but can't recall the name, was the one nearest Limestone/Kirkwood with the new bank...

Then off to the Dollar Store next to Concord Pets for some birthday stuff for our pool party we had on Saturday for the 5.98 yr old, no issues there.
 #67692  by Mirlen

This is the paper they gave to me explaining their policy of no firearms in Costco:

#67700  by bluedog46

To each his own, but other places sell cheese. I wonder if costco could be sued if you left your firearm outside per their policy.
 #67920  by bluedog46

F16WarBird wrote:I'm so sure that letter alone prevents criminal activity.

Now I am just an old country boy, but I dont think the bad guys would turn around if they saw that sign.
 #67921  by F16WarBird

bluedog46 wrote:
F16WarBird wrote:I'm so sure that letter alone prevents criminal activity.

Now I am just an old country boy, but I dont think the bad guys would turn around if they saw that sign.
That's the point.
 #67985  by Mirlen

Had a night out tonight and hit The Melting Pot for dinner with the wife, no issues or comments but sat strong-side in and explained to the wife my preference to do that when possible so as to not alarm people. She's still not coming around to firearms and still considers them horribly evil things that run around killing people :banghead: Oh well. Maybe in time, maybe. At least she tolerates me carrying when we're out, but she still goes bananas if I try to carry while around the kids and insists I secure it. *sigh* At this point I'm thinking it'll take a mugging or home invasion before she understands. :banghead: