You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #70594  by bluedog46

Red Alert wrote:Well matter of fact I live in Holloway Terrace. I've been here 11 years and I'm a member of the fire house for the past 17 years. The area just recently gotten worse...

Man holloway terrace used to seem to bypass most of the crap from places like Dunleith, symonds gardens ( we lived there four a couple years when I was really young), and rosegate. I went to school at william penn with lots of people from there and there never were really any problems even used to go over there hear a buddy of mine's band play. He lived right near there. I guess when the dairy queen left it went to hell. Man did that guy make good burders and chili dogs with a flame grill not the frying they do in bear.

What the hell happened?
 #70619  by Red Alert

Well I don't think I should post up my thoughts on what happened. But go further north on 9 in the area of Terminal Ave and I think you will understand. For the most part for those that aren't familiar with the area, most of the neighborhoods surrounding Holloway Terrace is section 8 and has heavy drug and prostitution rings going on.

DSP hangs out @ the old Gulf Station on the corner of New Castle Ave and West Ave but they do it right in front of them. They just don't care...
 #70623  by bluedog46

Red Alert wrote:Well I don't think I should post up my thoughts on what happened. But go further north on 9 in the area of Terminal Ave and I think you will understand. For the most part for those that aren't familiar with the area, most of the neighborhoods surrounding Holloway Terrace is section 8 and has heavy drug and prostitution rings going on.

DSP hangs out @ the old Gulf Station on the corner of New Castle Ave and West Ave but they do it right in front of them. They just don't care...
I would dare say that just illustrates how liberal polices create dependancy and lack of accountability. THis could be the future of the nation if things are not changed.
 #71094  by Red Alert

Ok, I opened carried today while out and about. First I went to my shop and met up with Lascivious1 to lend him the furniture dolly. His girlfriend commented on my shoes. :D I've gotten quite a bit of remarks on them. I must say I'm quite proud of them. :mrgreen:

I then headed over to Express Wings on the way home to pick up my lunch. I took the fact my wife was out with the kids school shopping quite an advantage to get the wings as I"m not welcome home when she is when I have them. I had no looks or issues.

Wife came home from the shopping spree and an hour later she was like hey, why are you carrying in the home? LOL

So back to the point if you act normal (I know this is a hard issue) many won't notice your nice shiny buff 40 on your hip...
 #71098  by photog

Congratulations Red Alert!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #71102  by rosco87

I helped you get it Nice and shiny again lol!
 #71105  by bluedog46

Red Alert wrote:Ok, I opened carried today while out and about. First I went to my shop and met up with Lascivious1 to lend him the furniture dolly. His girlfriend commented on my shoes. :D I've gotten quite a bit of remarks on them. I must say I'm quite proud of them. :mrgreen:

I then headed over to Express Wings on the way home to pick up my lunch. I took the fact my wife was out with the kids school shopping quite an advantage to get the wings as I"m not welcome home when she is when I have them. I had no looks or issues.

Wife came home from the shopping spree and an hour later she was like hey, why are you carrying in the home? LOL

So back to the point if you act normal (I know this is a hard issue) many won't notice your nice shiny buff 40 on your hip...

Your wife wont let you home with wings?
 #71106  by Red Alert

bluedog46 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Ok, I opened carried today while out and about. First I went to my shop and met up with Lascivious1 to lend him the furniture dolly. His girlfriend commented on my shoes. :D I've gotten quite a bit of remarks on them. I must say I'm quite proud of them. :mrgreen:

LOL, no she calls them the stinky wings. LOL

Ok, I just about OC all day until about 10 mins ago. Gun is still by my side just sitting next to me in the holster. I OC'ed outside today to move my car trailer around and tried to figure out why it was leaning backwards. My neighbor was out front cutting his grass after he cut mine and came over doing some type of sign language thing with his hands down to his side.

I told him yes I was starting to OC and that I am working on my CDW papers. He asked about the course and I told him about Bob and how great it was. I doubt he is interested but I guess he wanted the scope on the side arm and didn't just want to bug out after I answered him on it.

Other then that no issues. I know it's there but then I don't so it's becoming part of me...

Your wife wont let you home with wings?
 #71110  by Lascivious1

Thanks Again!!
Yes, she's all about the shoes right now. she is asking me to buy her some new sneaks that are a bright orange color. so when she saw yours she went into excitment mode lol
 #71111  by Red Alert

I'll tell you want, they are comfortable. I feel like I'm walking on air...