You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #70554  by Red Alert

WEELLL, it's been quite a while since I've been on here and even thought about carrying or working on my CC paper work. I must say Bob was a super cool guy. Thanks again bud.

Anyhow back to the log entry.

Well as everyone else is doing with all the crazy ass shootings going on lately I've really started thinking about readying up and being armed out and about. There have been seven shootings in my area alone with in the last few weeks. Very close to the home. The wife is even asking me to carry.

Wife and I headed to Battery Park in Old New Castle Monday night around 9 pm for a nice adult stroll on the trail. I asked her if she mind if I OC. She of course was like absolutely please do. I has been a while since I handled the gun so I looked it over, gave it a quick wipe and loaded the clip and armed the chamber. I put on the holster and loaded the gun in it. Man it was a bit heavy. After about 10 minutes I didn't really notice it on my side. Of course I disarmed the pistol when we got in the jeep and put the ammo and gun in the legal location until we arrived @ the park.

Wife and I walked the trail on the 2 mile mark and back to the jeep. When we returned to the jeep there was a fella about my age sitting in the truck next to the jeep and he noticed my side arm. He said he was glad to see someone carrying and started asking questions. One thing led to another and we started talking about the laws of Delaware and OC and carrying in parks, malls and such. He didn't know Delaware was an open carry state and asked if I get harassed by the police. I told him not yet but I'm sure it will happen as I carry more often. He told me he was thinking about getting his CC permit and I told him about Omega and this site. He told me he would look into it. We talked about 45 minutes and I was surprised he was so interested. I can now understand why you folks meet up once a month and eat while talking about guns and other daily life stuff... :D
 #70556  by Red Alert

I got a call from the wife today while working that there were county police all over up and down the street. She also told me that the DSP chopper was flying around and she was nervous. When I got home she wanted me to arm up around the house. Right now I don't have an issue since the babies are away until Sunday. I guess I'll have to figure something out when they come home.

Wife is very nervous with the increase of crime in the area. So I started carrying in the home. Shame it is coming to that. I know many do as well but damn in our own homes.?!

Anyhow, not sure if OC in a persons home is considered warrant for a log entry...
 #70558  by JägerMatthias

Glad you had fun in Bob's class too. He really does do a good job.

Now where exactly do you live that there is so much trouble?
 #70564  by Red Alert

I live off Rt. 9 in New Castle...
 #70567  by astro_wanabe

Red Alert wrote:I live off Rt. 9 in New Castle...
Close to Kilmington? I hear that's a great place to "be some body".
 #70568  by Red Alert

LOL, well yes. Sorry to say it's within spitting and smelling distance of my wonderful home.
 #70570  by photog

Thank you for the kind remarks Gentlemen!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #70579  by bluedog46

Red Alert wrote:I got a call from the wife today while working that there were county police all over up and down the street. She also told me that the DSP chopper was flying around and she was nervous. When I got home she wanted me to arm up around the house. Right now I don't have an issue since the babies are away until Sunday. I guess I'll have to figure something out when they come home.

Wife is very nervous with the increase of crime in the area. So I started carrying in the home. Shame it is coming to that. I know many do as well but damn in our own homes.?!

Anyhow, not sure if OC in a persons home is considered warrant for a log entry...
Near bowlerama by any chance?

Its pathetic how some of these kids go around just pulling guns and shooting each other over dope. We have not had any shootings in my area lately but There have been some close things. I actually got an ar15 after the last shooting just in case its needed.

Man get a job people. Other people do it. Shooting each other over air jordans and stuff? That is pathetic.

GLad you started carrying again. It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I also reccomend a flashlight ( various thoughts on the board on type), good quality folding knife with a clip and maybe pepper spray.

Glad to hear you and yours are safe.
 #70581  by bluedog46

photog wrote:Thank you for the kind remarks Gentlemen!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Expect to get busy the way things are. I had two guys I was talking to yesturday that mentioned how screwed up things were. ONe was a security guard who was a nam vet and the other runs a pet shot in community plaza.

I got both an omega card and also a buddys card who is an ffl since they seemed pretty alright.
 #70590  by Red Alert

Well matter of fact I live in Holloway Terrace. I've been here 11 years and I'm a member of the fire house for the past 17 years. The area just recently gotten worse...