You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #57822  by Red Alert

Did my first open carry tonight. The family went trick or treating and I wore a mask to join in the spirit. I was told there was a shooting last night in my neighborhood so I decided to go ahead and take one of my guns. I took the black home defense shot gun with me.

My brother in-law thought I was nuts but no one seemed to mind walking around. I carried it over my shoulder or across my arms. The chamber was open and it was not loaded. I did carry four shells with me. I even had two NCCPD cars pass by and just waved.

A few homeowners thought it was cool and one even brought out his to show me. He loved mine and tried to trade.

I know this wasn't the most practical gun to carry since it was big and unloaded, but I haven't been able to find a holster for my PT 24/7.

One great thing though, I wasn't nervous and I knew if I needed it I could be ready...
Last edited by Red Alert on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #57825  by Red Alert

Mr.Skellington wrote:Nice OC. One of the few days of the year OCing a long gun works too.

Here you go for future OCing +free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackHawk-CQC-S ... %26ps%3D54
Thanks, that's just the holster me and my buddy were looking for...
 #57826  by Red Alert

Just purchased the holster...
 #64817  by Red Alert

Sorry for a late update, yes I got the holster and I love it. I just OC with it this evening for the first time. Wife and I took the babies around the neighborhood so they could ride their bikes. I asked the wife first if she didn't mind if I OC'ed. She just shrug it off and said no. The babies were like why is daddy carrying a gun. I told them so I could protect my babies and the wife didn't like that to much. I kinda caught myself after I said it and then I rephrased it and said so daddy can protect his family. ;)

Anyhow, this was my first OC and we walked for about 45 minutes. It was a good walk. I noticed I needed to adjust my holster as I wasn't comfortable on how it was set up. So when I got home I adjusted it. It felt like it belonged there right on my side.

Looks like I will be doing it more often. I had no issues with it and we encountered a few other folks walking around as well. One fella gave me the nod with respect like he understood. Other then that all good.

Thanks to those that helped me come out of the closet...
 #64819  by bmel17

Red Alert wrote:Thanks to those that helped me come out of the closet...
good for you buddy! :applause: at least your not trapped in there with Tom Cruise and R. Kelly! :lol:
 #64821  by Amy Blackthorn

bmel17 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Thanks to those that helped me come out of the closet...
good for you buddy! :applause: at least your not trapped in there with Tom Cruise and R. Kelly! :lol:

:pointlaugh: :D
 #64825  by rosco87

SOOOO that's why all those people were running and screaming passed the firehouse!!!
 #64832  by bluedog46

Congrats man :applause:

It seems like second nature after a bit. I did not notice it much but a couple people mention a feeling like there is a "neon sign" that you have a gun.